Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
I am looking for books for ages 7 - 11
I want the books to be either classic literature, or good moral values. Does anyone have any good book titles?
Thank you!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Replies (11-19):
mommytobooger
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Both boy and girl.
Thank you.

Quoting .Lovemythree.:

Boy or girl?

Have they read the little house books or the Anne of green gables books?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
blueyedbaker
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:05 PM

I dont' know if anyone mentioned this site but bookadventures.com is a great site (someone told me about this site on here)you can put in the book and they tell you the grade level. You can sign up and make a book list and do a contest too. It's a pretty neat site, and free.

DesireMM
by Desire' on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Here is a link to books that build character. We have been enjoying reading them.

http://www.notimeforflashcards.com/2012/02/75-childrens-books-that-build-character.html

usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:44 PM

I can't think of any books that the other Mom's haven't already said, you might talk to your librarian & see if they have some suggestions.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:08 PM

And the kids earn points for taking and passing quizes on the books they read so you can use that for reading comprehension.

Quoting blueyedbaker:

I dont' know if anyone mentioned this site but bookadventures.com is a great site (someone told me about this site on here)you can put in the book and they tell you the grade level. You can sign up and make a book list and do a contest too. It's a pretty neat site, and free.

kttycat84
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Tom Sawyer, the American Girl books, Little Women, The Secret Garden, A Little Princess...I loved mysteries at that age, The Boxcar Children, Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew and Trixie Belden.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:15 PM

I love reading through book lists.

blueyedbaker
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:18 AM

My girls love looking on there before we order their books from the library. They check to make sure there is a quiz to go with the book.

Quoting debramommyof4:

And the kids earn points for taking and passing quizes on the books they read so you can use that for reading comprehension.

Quoting blueyedbaker:

MamaDearie
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Island of the Blue Dolphins, The Secret of NIMH, A Cricket in Times Square, Little House on the Prairie series, Chronicles of Narnia, Charlotte's Web, Stuart Little, The Sign of the Beaver, Trumpet of the Swan, The Hardy Boys, Magic Tree House series, and The Boxcar Children series (most of these have been highly recommended by my 9 y/o DS- he's an avid reader)

"Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother." (Lin Yutang)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Easter gifts tickers

Daisypath Halloween tickersDaisypath Thanksgiving tickersDaisypath Christmas tickersDaisypath Valentines tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)