Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Ah-Ha moments!

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:59 AM
  • 6 Replies
3 moms liked this

It's satisfying when your student(s) are struggling and you reach that point where it finally clicks. Last week we struggled with fractions and we've finally had that AH-Ha moment. She made a 100% on a fraction test today. woohooYay. :)

I even learned a few things about fractions along the way. When I was in school I was never good at them. So it helped to do the problems right along with her.

What have been your ah-ha moments?

Have you learned anything while helping your Lo's learn?

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I love AH-HA moments, especially the ones that come from them pursuing learning something all on their own.

My DD taught herself how to count by 5's,2's,3's & 10's & when I tried to help her with the other numbers she looked at me & said "Mom, I know you are trying to help me but I want the satisfaction of doing on my own"

blueyedbaker
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I have had many! I love it when it clicks. I love knowing that I taught it to them too. I hated it when they were in PS and I didn't know the half of what they were teaching them and now I know exactly what they are learning.  It's also very neat that I'm learning all this stuff again right along with them. It's amazing the stuff you forget.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Yaybow down

romacox
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:48 PM

That is awesome

you rock

oredeb
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:33 AM

yea salem!!!! glad you made it though!!!!!

lots of ah ha moments! and i learn new things every year that i homeschool!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Awesome! Fantastic! I live for those moments! Because as far as I am concerned, they do not happen often enough!  lol   Hooray for you!  Woo Hoo! This is a time that a celebration should be started.  I also love these moments because it proves that we CAN teach our kids and educate them!  YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You Go Girl!   :)    

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)