Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

She wants a locker...

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:02 PM
  • 22 Replies

DD9 gets allowance each week. She earns it. She's the biggest helper a mom could ask for. Goes above and beyond. She earns every penny.

She has saved about $120. She found a bright green locker (her fave color) for $120. I usually don't mind her spending her money however she wants, but this just seems silly. She usually splurges on clothes from Justice or American Girl stuff (which I don't usually buy unless it's a gift). She got a Kindle Fire last time. But a locker?? She's going to have to put one of her Barbie houses on her stage (she loves to sing/play guitar) in order to make room for this thing.

I've tried to convince her to buy something else but she won't budge.

What would your child do with $120?? Maybe I can give her some ideas.

Kids locker in green

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blueyedbaker
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:32 PM

I think that is a good idea myself. Probably because my girls have everything already...ipod, laptop, there isn't anything left to buy them. What does she want to put in it? If it's just going to be storage and she has the room in her room or play room then I'd get it for her.

iknitsweatersyo
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Awww i would let her get it. I think its a cute idea.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Does she share a room?  My boys will be getting some way of keeping their stuff locked when they get a bit older.  They have no privacy, so a locker would fill that void.

mrs.hartman12
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:40 PM
I think its cute!
usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:49 PM

It's her money so I would let her get it but explain that she would have to rearrange her stuff in her room to make it fit.

If my DD had that much money she would probably save it until she had enough to get a 3DS because her DS light is old & busted. If my DS had that much he would buy the big Lego kits I wont buy.

knagsmom
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Sorry IM not a member but I love this idea. Where did she find it?
amandae21
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:12 PM

She wants to put school stuff in it and probably things she doesn't want her little sister getting a hold of. I guess I just need to get it out of my head that she doesn't have to think the same way as me in terms of what's a wise purchase.

Quoting blueyedbaker:

I think that is a good idea myself. Probably because my girls have everything already...ipod, laptop, there isn't anything left to buy them. What does she want to put in it? If it's just going to be storage and she has the room in her room or play room then I'd get it for her.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:13 PM

That's a little odd but whatever floats her boat. I wouldn't want my kids to buy it either.

amandae21
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:14 PM

http://www.theshelvingstore.com/Kids_Lockers_s/552.htm

There are a few different websites that sell them. It'd be nice to find one locally so as to avoid shipping charges.

Quoting knagsmom:

Sorry IM not a member but I love this idea. Where did she find it?

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Does she have a bike?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)