Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Action Bible instead of Abeka's Bible Curriculum?!

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:16 AM
  • 3 Replies
1 mom liked this

So I discovered this Action Bible, it's comic book style and my cousins 8 yro LOVES it!  He read the entire thing over the summer!  My 4.5 yro DD found it in his room and was soooo interested she looked at all the illistrations in it for like 45 minutes!  So I'm thinking instead of Abeka's Bible stuff, I'm going to use this for my visual aid.  She knows all the basic Bible stories anyways and saw the same Abeka visual aids during this years K4 dvd curriculum.  But next year we're nixing the dvds and I'm doing it one on one with her.  We're both psyched about doing it without the dvds but I'm just trying to cover all my bases here.  I'm looking at the abekabook.com website and going thru all the stuff for K5 and trying to figure out what I need to purchase new, what I can get used, what I don't need at all, and what I can make or supplement!  It's very exciting, but also sort of overwhelming.  I have a $300 budget for her curriculum.  Any good advice as I trudge along?!   : )

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
oredeb
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:51 AM

well be sure to add a bunch of hands on learning, and not all just books and workbooks! using manipulatives to do her math with, you reading to her alot(im sure you know that!) what about some nature study outside? one thing i like in the phonics program of abeka is the little box of books they have, i used them for years! (didnt use there phonics program, just those little books)

Mommy2Emmau
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Oh yeah! I know about the hands on, that's why we're not using the DVDs. I was mainly meaning as far as the Abeka books and stuff if there was anything that is just a waste of money or something is a must have? LoL I was thinking of just order the student and parent cursive curriculum. I'm gonna check some secondhand sites first tho.

Quoting oredeb:

well be sure to add a bunch of hands on learning, and not all just books and workbooks! using manipulatives to do her math with, you reading to her alot(im sure you know that!) what about some nature study outside? one thing i like in the phonics program of abeka is the little box of books they have, i used them for years! (didnt use there phonics program, just those little books)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:10 PM

You could also use the internet for some of what you are looking for and print or even hand copy the free stuff.  You might even try combining some of the subjects into one over all lesson for the day if your kids are young enough.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN