Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

The Extraordinary Science of Addictive Junk Food

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 5:08 PM
BJ
  • 4 Replies

Have you ever struggled with getting your kids to understand the reason why you don't want them to eat junk food? Have you ever struggled with the reason why even you crave & want junk food? If the answer is yes you might want to read this article from the NYTimes called The Extraordinary Science of Addictive Junk Food it is educational & eye opening.

by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 5:21 PM

My boys just started wathing a documentary this morning called Hungry for Change (on Netflicks) and it touched on some of these attributes of junk food.  I think Xave is going to like reading this article.  Thanks.

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 5:24 PM

We have a fantastic mix of both (junk and healthy raw snacks).

I'm not one for deprivation, lol. Love a good bag of doritos!

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 11, 2013 at 6:13 PM

I wish all my children could keep it balanced but unfortunately my 7y/o who has Autism is a junk food junkie so having information ink is in this article helps when I have to have yet another discussion with him about why eating nothing but candy,chips & soda is bad for our bodies.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

We have a fantastic mix of both (junk and healthy raw snacks).

I'm not one for deprivation, lol. Love a good bag of doritos!

occumommy
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM

I am lucky my daughter particularly understands this already, but I watch a lot of stuff on the food we eat, where it comes from and the science behind it.....and both my older kids LOVE making the foods we generally eat with me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)