Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How is Your Monday Going?

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 6:23 PM
BJ
  • 9 Replies

Mine is going great, the weather is beautiful & sunny with a gentle breeze (this is a treat here because normally it is just blustery). My younger 2 children & I ran to town to get the stuff to make Slime (got the recipe from here) and to make homemade silly putty (got the recipe from here). we have made the slime (used the colored glitter glue & it turned out great) & we are about make the silly putty.

by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 6:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 6:57 PM

It could've gone better, but Granny did just leave on Saturday, and we were out late last night saying goodbye to friends who are moving out west today. School was a drawn out argument with every subject - even the favorite ones. The dog was even depressed and acting up...

On a good note. I got a lot of research done for my Home Owner'sAssociation. We're trying to get a quiet zone established with the trains by us (not likely to happen, but now I can tell those who whine about it to shush finally...). I also found a ton of different lawn compaines so we can get rid of the morons who mowed the common areas last year
To make my day more complete, a ton of various publishing companies' catalogs came in the mail today that I requested. Now I can torture my kids by just sitting on the couch and page through them all with a beautiful sharpie marker in hand (much like they do to me around Christmas with the toy catalogs that always seem to sneak their way into the house lol).

maggiemom2000
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:01 PM

I need to make some slime with my kids! DS2 has sensory processing issues and just loves sesory stuff like that.

I'm bummed today because DD and I have sore throats and runny noses so I think there will be no skiing for us tomorrow as planned. Boo!

motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Trying to figure out if we want do school all year around and how will it work for our familyconfusedblank stare

Pukalani79
by Kristin on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:14 PM

It was a good day today.  The kids were motivated, which is always nice.  I told them if they got the majority of their work done, then we'd go for a walk/bike ride before they went to the Homeschool Center.  They all got what they needed to do done. :)

coala
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:45 PM

The last 2 nights have been rough!!!!  We are battling a difficult child who doesn't want to do what she is knows she is supposed to do.  I keep hearing I am tired when she has put off doing her work.  My LO had a generally good day.  We have had to increase the amount of work that we do on Monday's and Friday's b/c her Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday are so busy with swimming lessons and art class.  This is only for this month, but it is wearing on me already (at the start of week 2).  I hope that the week gets better from here.  We have a LONG day scheduled for tomorrow and she will be exhausted by the end of the day.  It is really hard for my 4 yo to go so many days w/o a nap.  I really feel for her.

tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:06 PM
It was a good but busy day. We were out in the 'school of life' today. Lol translation....we ran errands(business errands, Sam's club, Dr appt etc.) and didn't have time for 'school'. ;)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TxMommyOfBoys
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:37 PM
We did light school work and my nephew came to have a sleepover. Now I am watching them all 4 wrestle haha!
rsrangel
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Weather is beautiful here, kids were great today, but my heartburn has been horrible and the lack of sleep is taking its toll. :(
Walnutgrovefarm
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Decided to clean in the morning then ds read for a while then off to art class. Life skills went to visit with the president of a bank and learn his responsibilities. DS thought that was awsome! I love adding in life skills and introducing him to new people and their jobs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN