Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Decided to write my own science...now what?

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:10 PM
  • 11 Replies
I can't find a science to satisfy me or my kids. So I asked them what they want to learn...one said solar system and one said weather. So that's what we are gonna learn.

Now my question is where is a good place to find information on each planet, weather stuff etc (geared towards a 2nd grader that a K'er can listen in on also) I'm looking for places with printable information, activities and color pages. Thanks :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blueyedbaker
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:31 PM
msnucleus.org Click on the k-8 science curriculum.
blueyedbaker
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:32 PM

And it's all free! 

CowgirlMama0508
by Tasha on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:33 PM
That's awesome. Thank you!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blueyedbaker
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Sorry I can't make it clicky but if you can copy and paste it'll work. I just finished printing off the 2nd grade curriculum. It has labs and work sheets.

CowgirlMama0508
by Tasha on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:42 PM
That's okay. I just looked at a few and love how it looks!! Thank you very much

Quoting blueyedbaker:

Sorry I can't make it clicky but if you can copy and paste it'll work. I just finished prining off the 2nd grade curriculum. It has labs and work sheets.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Learningpage.com Has space theme with worksheets (should have stuff for both grades) & a mural you can print out &  put together. The library should have tons of kids books & even videos about both.

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 8:01 AM

http://www.weather.gov/

Scroll to the bottom for the education stuff.  I haven't gone through all of it, but I've liked what I've seen.  When my son was in 2nd he did a video on tsunamis.  Google Gabriel tsunami video.  I also really like the National Geographic Kids books.

oredeb
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 10:58 AM

this is really a good site that usmom posted cowgirl!!! , you can join free, and it has lots more than just space stuff, and science stuff! those murals are so fun! ive done the different ones every year with the kids. great site!

Quoting usmom3:

Learningpage.com Has space theme with worksheets (should have stuff for both grades) & a mural you can print out &  put together. The library should have tons of kids books & even videos about both.

jeweldragons
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 11:13 AM

There are some Bill Nye clips on Youtube.  Also if you go to Disney Movie Club they have some Bill Nye DVDs for sale.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN