Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spring Break?

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 1:11 PM
  • 22 Replies
Do you let your kids have a week off of school work for spring break? What about when the public schools have other breaks?
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this

We try not to have breaks when the ps has breaks so that we can have breaks when they don't.  It's nice to go places when they are empty.  But we do take a spring break.

usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 12, 2013 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this

We try to do all things opposite the schools so we don't have to deal with crowds.

JocelynsMama1
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 1:34 PM

i'm not officially starting till next year but we wont be taking the exact same breaks as public school...im planning on taking time off around christmas but that is also around when my husband is due back from a deployment so we will most likely take a break then and we are planning a cruise in the spring sometime so that will be our spring break....other than that we will go from the first full week in August to the last full week in May or 180 days whichever comes first or i feel more comfortable with...we will still work on reading daily and math as well as the occasional refresher of other courses one day a week till school starts again 

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 12, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Sometimes we do and sometime we don't. When we do, it means the kids have been working hard on their school work and have been consistent with completing all that should be done. When we don't, that means they have been consistent and have leaned more towards the not doing as much nor accomplishing much so we will just keep going until either they get with it or until summer hits.   

WantedNameTaken
by Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 3:58 PM

We take the off the same dates as PS, because two of our children ARE in PS.

RockEducation
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 5:02 PM

We do take a week off for spring break (March 25th-29th this year). We kind of follow the ps calendar, but not 100%. We have much more vacation than they do. Whereas they will have two or three days off, we have the whole week.

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 5:04 PM

We take breaks as we need them or whenever hubby is off.  We will have a two week spring break because of hubby and family coming in to town.  We don't worry about the breaks the schools have, since my kids have never been.

Pukalani79
by Kristin on Mar. 12, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Sometimes we let them take those same days off, sometimes we don't. We probably wont give them a full week for Spring Break, but I haven't decided yet.

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 9:37 PM
We usually take it off so they can spend time with cousins and other family. It's also when I spring clean while they're out visiting.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Walnutgrovefarm
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 9:50 PM

We will be taking the same spring break as ps. My ds has friends that are in ps so he will be able to spend some time with them. I am also ready for a week off to catch up on spring cleaning.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)