Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
Do you let your kids have a week off of school work for spring break? What about when the public schools have other breaks?
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Replies (21-22):
Knightquester
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM

We don't, but it is hard when the public kids have their breaks.  This week for instance my children's public schooled friends have minimum day all week, so they're out of school early.  Luckily three out of four of my children are able to complete their school work by noon, but my son is easily distracted and doesn't focus well so schooling for him tends to take a little longer.

When their friends have spring break they know they have to wait until my children are out of school to visit.  We take our own breaks when public school doesn't offer them so I don't see a reason to take even more time off school when it's not necessary.  We took a few days in the middle of the week for Monterey's Aquarium homeschool day, and we'll be taking a few days off in the middle of a week for the SF Science Museums homeschool day.  It adds up to where my kids get a pretty hefty spring break in bits rather than in a chunk.

lucsch
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:35 AM

Yes, it is always the first week of April. My dh works for a public school and my youngest son is a senior at one, so it works for us.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN