Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
were you homeschooled?
I was homeschooled most of my life....i went to a private school from 4th grade to 6th grade . All other years were homeschooling. I dont know how in the hell my mom did it but she did it lol!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Replies (11-15):
coala
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:19 PM

I was not!!!  She wanted to b/c of my illnesses, but the school district made it difficult to do it back then.  I am so greatful that we have to opportunity to do this.

blueyedbaker
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Nope I went to PS. 

I've always wanted to hear what someone that was grown up and was home schooled thought about being home schooled.

maggiemom2000
by Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:06 PM

No, I was in public school K-12. I started my kids in public school but decided homeschool would be better after they finished gardes 1 & 3. We are in a rural area and I think if we had more schooling options in the area I would have simply found a school that would better meet their needs.

mrs.miller89
by Sharayah on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:21 PM

I wasn't, I went to PS 1-12, my mom had me test to skip K. I had a couple of friends growing up who were HSed and have met a few more people since being an adult who were HSed, all had different experiences and ideas about it. 

katinahat
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:00 PM

I was for 8th grade and I LOVED it. Public 1-3, private 4-5, public 6-7, homeschool 8, public 9-12. Homeschooling was hands down the most enjoyable, so that's how I want to teach our children :)

Christian, vaccinating, fun-loving, breastfeeding, cloth diapering, positive disciplining, nerdy, extended rear-facing, bookworm, creative, outdoorsy, autodidactic, friendly family.

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." -- Mother Teresa

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN