Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

were you homeschooled?
I was homeschooled most of my life....i went to a private school from 4th grade to 6th grade . All other years were homeschooling. I dont know how in the hell my mom did it but she did it lol!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Replies (11-15):
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:19 PM

I was not!!!  She wanted to b/c of my illnesses, but the school district made it difficult to do it back then.  I am so greatful that we have to opportunity to do this.

by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Nope I went to PS. 

I've always wanted to hear what someone that was grown up and was home schooled thought about being home schooled.

by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:06 PM

No, I was in public school K-12. I started my kids in public school but decided homeschool would be better after they finished gardes 1 & 3. We are in a rural area and I think if we had more schooling options in the area I would have simply found a school that would better meet their needs.

by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:21 PM

I wasn't, I went to PS 1-12, my mom had me test to skip K. I had a couple of friends growing up who were HSed and have met a few more people since being an adult who were HSed, all had different experiences and ideas about it. 

by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:00 PM

I was for 8th grade and I LOVED it. Public 1-3, private 4-5, public 6-7, homeschool 8, public 9-12. Homeschooling was hands down the most enjoyable, so that's how I want to teach our children :)

Christian, vaccinating, fun-loving, breastfeeding, cloth diapering, positive disciplining, nerdy, extended rear-facing, bookworm, creative, outdoorsy, autodidactic, friendly family.

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." -- Mother Teresa

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN