Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I being too demanding of my husband? edited

Posted by   + Show Post

My dh gets to work at 7 - 7:30 as an engineer for one of the Big Three auto companies. He usually gets home at 6:00. He has an hour drive home, so he generally leaves work at 5 or after.

DS has activites that start at 6 twice a week, and dh bowls 1x a week. I am supposed to drive ds to activites then we usually go out to dinner after. DH works late and meets us at the activity. We get home 8 pm-ish

After having my son the entire day along with regular housekeeping, I would like to have a rest. Having him almost the entire day, three days a week is getting too much for me. Dh will come home sometimes to drive ds to activity if I really need it, but shouldn't he just do it more often? Is that so much to ask?

I guess I should edit to say that from Tuesday morning to Friday around 6 pm I have my son with no help. I have MS which drains my energy, but still. Is it more my disease, empty complaining, or real issues?

by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Replies (41-42):
coala
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I just want to say that you are not being to demanding.  You have a partner and you are feeling like he isn't trying to be a partner.  I understand that you have a medical condition that can drain you on a regular basis and then factor in HS....which is also mentally and emotionally taxing.  I WAH and I HS.  My SO works from home as well.  We are both here ALL day everyday with our kids.  It is hard.  I complain that he doesn't help me nearly enough.  I doens't understand the scope of what I do.  He seems to think it is a walk in the park.  If I leave him in charge and I didn't fully prep for the day....he will cancel the day for lack of prep.  Seriously.....call me and I can walk you through the final set up.  He wouldn't even have any idea how far in advance he needs to leave to get the kids to their activities, outside of Saturday morning b/c he goes with us.  I do ALL prep for everything.....and it makes me crazy.  Ok, my vent is over.  I think we both need to have a LONG talk with our partners b/c I feel like I am doing this alone.

CowgirlMama0508
by Tasha on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:58 PM
My husbands gone 2 straight weeks a month. I know how you feel..at least yours is home every night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)