Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recent Projects?

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 12:16 AM
  • 8 Replies
What have your most recent projects been?
Science?
History?
Other?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 12:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Mar. 13, 2013 at 12:17 AM
Last week we did an experiment with ' whale blubber'. Very messy, yet very fun!
Right now, we are watching caterpillars change to butterflies. It is our first time doing this and we are really enjoying it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kttycat84
by Bonnie on Mar. 13, 2013 at 12:29 AM
1 mom liked this

When we bought our lettuce at the farmer's market last weekend, we brought it home and found some snails in it, so for science, we're raising pet snails. Well, we were raising pet snails...due their sometimes cannibalistic nature, we're now raising a pet snail, lol.

The girls have also been on a ballet kick, so for social studies, we're watching documentaries on ballet. This morning it was a Russian-language one, and I read the subtitles to them. After the documentary, we learned about Russia for awhile and I taught the kiddos a few simple phrases and how to count to 10.

For reading, we're working our way through the Samantha American Girl books, which I guess count as history too since we talk about life at the time and such when we finish reading. I found a cooking/craft book that follows the books and when we finish the series we're going to make lapbooks.

We were just doing worksheets and such for math, but the girls broke a window screen the other day and now they're earning money to pay us back for it. During the day, they earn change for doing chores that aren't normally theirs. Each night they count up how much they have, how much they have left to earn and we figure out how many days they should have left before they pay us back and get ungrounded.

mrs.miller89
by Sharayah on Mar. 13, 2013 at 2:18 PM
4 moms liked this

This. The letters have Velcro on them so she can take the letters off and practice spelling her name. 

usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 13, 2013 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

We made slime & silly putty, we learned that even if you use 2 completely different recipes that you can end up with very similar results.

usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 13, 2013 at 2:24 PM

She is adorable & I love her project!

Quoting mrs.miller89:

This. The letters have Velcro on them so she can take the letters off and practice spelling her name. 

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 13, 2013 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this

My oldest middle boy (14) just made a tazer light from a camera. He has also made some mini capacitors as well.  He learned how to make a battery out of pennies too.  He has been doing all kinds of projects lately.

bether89
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this

In history, ds(9) is working on a Civil War paper soldiers and battlefield project.  He received the paper soldiers book for Christmas.  He has to cut out and glue everything together.  He is painting a piece of cardboard for the base to put the soldiers, tents, and artillary on.

mrs.miller89
by Sharayah on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Thank you!

Quoting usmom3:

She is adorable & I love her project!

Quoting mrs.miller89:

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)