Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

So I have seen someone else recently post about whether we thought they would regret removing their spines and putting things in binders.  I like the idea most of my stuff is already in binders.  SO I pose this question to you now.

I have an 8 year old and a 3 month old and lord knows how many future tikes!  (no more than 2-3 more)  I am contemplating making my life easier for next year.  

My thoughs are to create, most likely, 2-4 1.5-2 inch binders of instructor guide and one 2 inch student pages.  If I decide to do this I would do it every year so that all I have to do is pull out the curriculum for subsequent children and go.  Basically creating my own open and go guides.  I have been making a schedule this year that I love simlar to that of SL but it contains ALL of our subjects & Activities.  Page 1 & Page 2

Then I would line up the schedule and all of our curriculm for that week after the tab 36 tabs.  This is basically what sonlight does but we are secular homeschoolers so mine would contain all of the SL history but our secular materials for everything else.  

Our Math and Spelling would stay separate as we use MIF and AAS.  However everything else could be put into the binder and ready to go in advance! 

Thoughts?

by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 5:48 AM
Replies (11-12):
ColtsFan1912
by Bekah on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Hmm. I like the idea. I think I might use binders this year as I'm not getting teachers guide & such. I think it might help me get more organized.

Pukalani79
by Kristin on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:08 PM

I like it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)