Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Just one of those days....

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 3:48 PM
  • 11 Replies

Someone please tell me they are having another "Monday" in their week. My daughter has a cold, didn't take a nap (which I was counting on to get school done at that time), my son is crying because he was misbehaving and got his video game privileges taken away for today and then for tomorrow and I am ready to just call it a day and go to bed (its only 3:50 pm here)... on top of that, we still haven't done school and the idea of trying to get my son to do school after his breakdown is just not appealing to me... Sigh... I'm looking forward to tomorrow. :)

by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Mar. 14, 2013 at 4:09 PM

I'm having one of those days... 

We had a meeting this morning, orthodontist appointments after that. 

A friend dropped by and surprised me for my birthday and school has just gone out the window... LOL The thought of trying to rein the kids in now gives me a headache! 

SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Mar. 14, 2013 at 4:16 PM
I had one of those days also. I'm sick and the kids wouldn't cooperate at all, but we got through our day, but it was very rough with lots of crying. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Joann.HS
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I think I've had a Monday every day this week. Looking forward to starting a new week. (:
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
romacox
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 4:29 PM

hugs

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 4:38 PM

I hate days like that!

bether89
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Today has been better than the rest of the Mondays(I mean days) this week. 

usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 14, 2013 at 5:04 PM

The best thing for a day like that is to just give up on trying to get anything done, grab the kids & snuggle on the couch with snacks & good movies/ favorite TV shows or a great book (or in the case of my family a favorite video game)!

oredeb
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 5:07 PM

hhahaha just another day in the life of a homeschooler!!

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Me this is like my 4th Monday in a row.  I dont think this week is going to get any better.  My niece who schools with us during the day, she is 4 has thrown huge fits every single day this week.  She has been in time out for calling names, giving me attitude, not following rules and she has not had a time out less than an hour all week.  It takes that long to get her to stand in her time out without screaming, crying or playing.  These have been the rules at my house and hers all my kids lives.

My 7 year old has thrown toys.  My 6 year old, 4 year and 2 year old took apart the younger two's wardrobe and slide down the stairs and the snuck dvds in thier room (4 and 2 year olds) and threw them down the stairs.

We did manage to do a few things for school today but that is about it.  I pray tomorrow is a good day for all of us. 

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Aww sweety!  I know just how you feel! I have had those types of days that lasted for a week or more. If I were you, since your kids are young, I would just stop the schooling part of their day and have them do something they think is just fun but can be considered "schooling" anyway, without them even knowing that. :)  

Quoting Annastacialynn:

Someone please tell me they are having another "Monday" in their week. My daughter has a cold, didn't take a nap (which I was counting on to get school done at that time), my son is crying because he was misbehaving and got his video game privileges taken away for today and then for tomorrow and I am ready to just call it a day and go to bed (its only 3:50 pm here)... on top of that, we still haven't done school and the idea of trying to get my son to do school after his breakdown is just not appealing to me... Sigh... I'm looking forward to tomorrow. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)