Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Learning Opportunities! Today in History: March 15

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:41 AM
  • 4 Replies

Below are a list of events that took place today in history.
Have you studied or will you be studying any of these events?
Share with us!

by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Cafe MichelleP
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:48 AM

44 BCJulius Caesar, Dictator of the Roman Republic, is stabbed to death by Marcus Junius Brutus, Gaius Cassius Longinus, Decimus Junius Brutus and several other Roman senators on the Ides of March. ( I knew this one)

1493Christopher Columbus returns to Spain after his first trip to the Americas. (This stuck with me from 5th 4th grade  history)

1892Liverpool F.C. is founded. (I ONLY know this because my oldest son is a huge soccer international soccer fan)

1956My Fair Lady receives its premiere performance on Broadway at the Mark Hellinger Theatre. (I am a theater nerd and this is one of my favorites)

1990 – Mikhail Gorbachev is elected as the first President of the Soviet Union. ( I remember this)

usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Thanks!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:29 PM

I had to study these in my senoir year in oder to graduate. 

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

44 BCJulius Caesar, Dictator of the Roman Republic, is stabbed to death by Marcus Junius Brutus, Gaius Cassius Longinus, Decimus Junius Brutus and several other Roman senators on the Ides of March. ( I knew this one) Me too

1493Christopher Columbus returns to Spain after his first trip to the Americas. (This stuck with me from 5th 4th grade  history) This did to for me. I think I even remembered it after leaving middle school. 

1892Liverpool F.C. is founded. (I ONLY know this because my oldest son is a huge soccer international soccer fan)  You got one over me. I didn't kow this one. 

1956My Fair Lady receives its premiere performance on Broadway at the Mark Hellinger Theatre. (I am a theater nerd and this is one of my favorites) I have never even seen a braoadway play myself. :) 

1990 – Mikhail Gorbachev is elected as the first President of the Soviet Union. ( I remember this)  Me too. :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN