Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What is your morning routine?

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:16 PM
  • 9 Replies

Do you or your children wake up to an alarm clock or on your own whenever you want?

Do you take time for yourself before the kids get up?

Is it normally a quick breakfast or do you cook each morning?

Do your kids do chores in the morning before jumping into their school day? 

Do your children start on their school work by themselves or do you round them up to get started?

by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Do you or your children wake up to an alarm clock or on your own whenever you want? I have to wake to a 7 o'clock alarm to get my hubby up for work. Now while we are up, some of the kids will be waking up on their own and some wont. 

Do you take time for yourself before the kids get up?  Sometimes, sometimes not

Is it normally a quick breakfast or do you cook each morning?  Sometimes but most of the time we cook.

Do your kids do chores in the morning before jumping into their school day?  Most of the time yes, but some days we just get right into schooling. 

Do your children start on their school work by themselves or do you round them up to get started?  Some days they do and some days they need help.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I get up at 5:30and milk the goats by myself this year.  The boys liked using that as our moring routine last year, but it's so nice to have that time by myself.  They get up at 7.  I make breakfast most mornings.  Monday-Thursday they have school from 8-2 with a break for lunchfrom 12-12:30.  On Fridays we meet my parents for breakfast out and they read, write in their journals, and play educational games from 12-4.

They are pretty good at getting started on their own.  When we have barn emergencies they carry-on well without me (yes, even the 4yo)..

Pukalani79
by Kristin on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:06 PM

I typically get my kids up around 8.  I'll get up at least an hour before them so that I can get some quiet "me" time in.  They usually make themselves or toast or cereal.  Occassionally I'll make something but not often. They dont usually do morning chores.  I typically tell them when it's time to get working.

NYCitymomx3
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:46 PM

We wake up whenever we want.

I get up before ds so that's my time to relax, have coffee, & go on the computer.

We usually just do a quick breakfast.

No chores here.  I just remind him to straighten up his room at some point in the morning.

I get him started around noon and we do most of it together.

blueyedbaker
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:49 PM
I'm up around 7, my girls get up between 8 and 9 but usually around 8:30 and we usually start at 9. (Get work done and eat lunch at 11:30. We then do our work out, which is a routein I made up with my girls.) Our breakfast is usually cereal, or eggs. Sundays is a big breakfast so during the week is pretty simple. My girls have normal chores. We don't do them until we're done with school work. They have to help unload the dishwasher, bring their dirty clothes to the laundry room and make sure their room is clean. They help with meals (as much as I will let them;)) We start school together. They are still to young to start by themselves I think. Well my 10 year old could start by herself but we all like to start together.
WantedNameTaken
by Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Do you or your children wake up to an alarm clock or on your own whenever you want?  They have alarm clocks, so they're expected to use them, but I make sure they're awake before I head downstairs.  I try to get going no later than 7:30 to get ready for their school day.  The kids begin their school day at 8:00 (high-schooler) and 8:30 (middle-schooler).  I work from home, so I have to wake up early.  I wish I could sleep in though! :)

Do you take time for yourself before the kids get up?  I should, but I don't.

Is it normally a quick breakfast or do you cook each morning?  I don't always eat breakfast and the kids eat whatever they want - something quick.

Do your kids do chores in the morning before jumping into their school day?  Chores are done in the evening.

Do your children start on their school work by themselves or do you round them up to get started?  They can get started themselves, but I try to have a quick briefing just to make sure they start off on the right track.

coala
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Do you or your children wake up to an alarm clock or on your own whenever you want?  My kids wake up on their own.  I only wake them up when we have to get somewhere early. 

Do you take time for yourself before the kids get up?  I would love to take time for myself in the morning, but the kids screaming and fighting with each other usually drags someone out of a deep sleep and makes them cranky.

Is it normally a quick breakfast or do you cook each morning?  I don't cook in the morning unless instant grits, instant oatmeal, or defrosted waffles or pancakes (that I have already made) count.

Do your kids do chores in the morning before jumping into their school day?  They have responsibilities that they have to take care of before the day begins, when the school day is done, and some that need to be done before bed.  Most days we make it through the morning and evening chores, the ones for midafternoon usually get skipped.  I am hoping to get us back on track with that soon.

Do your children start on their school work by themselves or do you round them up to get started? Mine know that the day starts for them when they are done with breakfast.  My youngest comes to get me, my oldest starts her day on her own.

tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Mar. 15, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Do you or your children wake up to an alarm clock or on your own whenever you want?
Unless we have to be somewhere or I am expecting customers(early vehicle drop off or pick up) we wake up on our own.

Do you take time for yourself before the kids get up?
On the rare occasion that I wake up before them..yes. In an ideal world, I would wake up at 6am every morning and run before everyone wakes up. Haha

Is it normally a quick breakfast or do you cook each morning?
Most mornings I cook breakfast. Pancakes, sausage, waffles, bacon, eggs, french toast. Other times it is muffins (I bake ahead and freeze), cereal. The kids really do not like cereal, so I try not to serve it very often.

Do your kids do chores in the morning before jumping into their school day?
Yes they do chores. Get dresses, brush teeth, make bed, help tidy the house or gather laundry, etc. Sometimes though, we don't get started on school until after lunch.

Do your children start on their school work by themselves or do you round them up to get started?
Mine are still pretty young so it is started and lead by me. Sometimes they will start their daily reading/writing without me, but not very often.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Do you or your children wake up to an alarm clock or on your own whenever you want? I wake up to an alarm & so do my younger 2 because they would get mad at me when I woke them up so the compromise was the alarm waking them up.

Do you take time for yourself before the kids get up? I get up 30 or so min. before the kids & my hubby get up.

Is it normally a quick breakfast or do you cook each morning? I cook every morning on weekdays & on weekends my hubby or oldest will cook.

Do your kids do chores in the morning before jumping into their school day? All of my children have chores that have to be done through out the day.

Do your children start on their school work by themselves or do you round them up to get started? We unschool so there are no assignments, they chose to learn things based off of interest. Some mornings they get out of bed with something planed, other days they stumble upon things as the day goes on & sometimes I find something cool to share with them that sparks an all day investigation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN