Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Americans Warned: Homeschoolers Stripped of Rights

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:33 PM
  • 6 Replies

I read this on The 700 club today..I thought some of you might want to read this

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2013/March/Americans-Warned-Homeschoolers-Stripped-of-Rights/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&fb_ref=fb_top_news.  

Sorry I can't make the link clicky 

CafeMom Tickers  

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
tennisgal
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:39 PM
2 moms liked this

I feel like the disagreement comes from the idea that "homeschooling isnt' a right." As if it is something that must be granted. I feel like the statement  equates to "parenting your own child isn't a right." And that's a terrifying idea to toy with. However, I am not the least bit surprised that Pres. Obama's admin is trying to overturn the decision and declare homeschooling isn't a right. 

elizabooks
by Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:41 PM
I'm taking that info with a grain of salt. The 700 Club is some what biased and alarmist in thier reporting. I'll see if I can verify it with a standard news source like the BBCA
Presley77
by Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Clicky please!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Presley77
by Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:51 PM
http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2013/March/Americans-Warned-Homeschoolers-Stripped-of-Rights/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&fb_ref=fb_top_news.

I hate obummer so much already. I can't wait to see that POS go.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Rust.n.Gears
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:54 PM

This comes up all the time. My parents went through it themselves. In the end the Constitution protects us to educate our children. I am not too worried.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:11 PM

As long as people/parents stay notified and on guard, then we will get a heads up if and when this really starts in earnest.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN