Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
So i grew up being home schooled and my friends at the time told me that i was lucky to be homeschooled cuz i could stay in my pj's all day or in other words no need for me to change clothes to go to school. Sure i could have but i never did cuz i never liked being in my pj's during the day. Would you let your homeschooled child stay in their pj's during school hours or all day??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Replies (21-28):
TxMommyOfBoys
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:54 AM
If we are home my boys are likely in pjs, underwear or athletic shorts. I am always dressed though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mbrowne1
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Pjs are allowed but only until lunch time. If they want lunch, they need to get dressed. I'm not much to stay in my pjs myself, but if I wake up with a migraine, it's pjs for me too!

blueyedbaker
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:34 AM
2 moms liked this

You make it sound like it's not good to stay in PJs all day. We usually do. It's comfortable for all of us (and cuts down on laundry, well sometimes) If we go anywhere of course we get dressed. My youngest usually gets dressed after her work is done, she likes to dress up in her play clothes.

Staying comfortable is a perk of being home schooled. I wouldn't make my girls get dressed just because other people think you are suppose to, if they want to stay in PJs all day they can.

Channell07
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:54 AM

We spend a lot of time in our pjs. We live fairly isolated so the chance of someone showing up here is very close to none.  If they go out to play, or if we got to the store, we get dressed.

Wife, Momma, Homeschooler, Dog lover, Book Worm, Runner, and Horseback rider.  Love this life of mine! 

Come join me at channellingmyinnerrunner.blogspot.com to follow my journey into running =)

rebeccasmly
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:56 AM
We all get dressed before breakfast. The longer I stay in my pjs, the lazier I feel.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this

We're pj people. Sometimes dh comes home for lunch, and there we are...sitting around reading together in our jammies! He just shakes his head and mutters about people who wear pjs till the middle of the day. We do our school on the couch or on my bed, so its just more comfortable in pajamas. Why would you waste the time (and the clean laundry) to get dressed to sit on the couch and read or get messy with a project?  Makes no sense to me. I actually dread errand day because that means I have to put actual clothes on LOL!

WantedNameTaken
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:40 AM

This!  LOL!  I call them "street" clothes.

Quoting Leissaintexas:

I actually dread errand day because that means I have to put actual clothes on LOL!

WantedNameTaken
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:43 AM

This is our rule, too!  Shower and put on clean pj's for all I care, but showering is a must, or um, it would be quite musty around here.  :)

Quoting Mommynay2:

Just as long as she showers the night before or in the morning, she can stay in her pajamas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)