Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Magic School Bus

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:51 PM
  • 28 Replies

How many folks here watch/read the Magic School Bus or use its experiments? My mom recently bought us the entire series on DVD (YAY!) and I'm going to work on getting the books and experiments as my daughter gets a bit older. Do your kids enjoy it? Do you?? :) Did you watch/read it as a kid?

Christian, vaccinating, fun-loving, breastfeeding, cloth diapering, positive disciplining, nerdy, extended rear-facing, bookworm, creative, outdoorsy, autodidactic, friendly family.

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." -- Mother Teresa

by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:20 AM
My kids have seen every single one of them & love them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QueenCreole313
by Julia on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:30 AM

I loved that show. I'm going to buy the set for my son soon. Let me know how it goes! 

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:45 AM

We love the magic school bus :) My daughter got the DVD set for Christmas. We have been able to match an episode with almost every lesson we have.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:21 PM

My kids love the magic school bus show!  They learned so much just from watching that show. :)  

katinahat
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:55 PM

It has been great! My daughter actually prefers it to the shows she was watching (Little Einsteins, Dora, and Barney) :) We limit TV already, but when she does watch it, MSB is on most of the time now!

Quoting QueenCreole313:

I loved that show. I'm going to buy the set for my son soon. Let me know how it goes! 

Christian, vaccinating, fun-loving, breastfeeding, cloth diapering, positive disciplining, nerdy, extended rear-facing, bookworm, creative, outdoorsy, autodidactic, friendly family.

secretsshallebb
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:58 PM

My children LOVE the show.  We do not have any of the books and have not done any of the experiments/projects connected to (based on) the books/shows.  I'm SURE they would love those, too.  Maybe eventually.  :)  I'll look forward to hearing what you think of it.

katinahat
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:59 PM

If you ever want to find the experiments, they go on sale on Zulily.com every couple of months :)

Quoting secretsshallebb:

My children LOVE the show.  We do not have any of the books and have not done any of the experiments/projects connected to (based on) the books/shows.  I'm SURE they would love those, too.  Maybe eventually.  :)  I'll look forward to hearing what you think of it.

gacgbaker
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:23 PM

We got the serise when it was on sale a while ago- my kids love it!  We have a few kits we have found on discount at our local discount store, and they have been really helpful too.  I'd say they are worth it.  

cjsix
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:29 PM

My older kids use to Love it and my younger did too when we found it on tv again...then it just disappeared. : (  

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:02 PM

I am planning to use it as the basis' of our science curriculum next year.  I will be using other things to make sure we cover it but everything will start and end with the magic school bus movies because we bought the whole dvd series too.  My kids have been watching them for fun and love it.  I watched them as a kid and I still love them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)