Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Good Morning

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:42 AM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this
Just getting out of bed. My Aunt's wake/funeral was yesterday. I didn't go because it was too much for both of my kids. Destinay had her assessment last Tuesday. I really don't know how she made out exactly. It was weird the last time she was assessed in November she was reading 84 words per minute. This test she read 106 words correct per minute. In RI they want kids to read 115 words per minute by the time they get into fifth grade. With her Math she did two pages in 8 minutes. I don't know all the details with that though. The lady who tested her said she would call me Wednesday or Thursday, never did. Now Destinay is starting to read Harry Potter, and it is going well. So what is everyone else up to? Oh and happy St. Patrick's day.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
romacox
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:48 AM

Good morning to you too, and happy St. Patrick's Day.  good luck

Mommynay2
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:50 AM
Are you doing anything today? I'm trying to figure out some activities.

Quoting romacox:

romacox
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:53 AM
So far just relaxing
Quoting Mommynay2:

Are you doing anything today? I'm trying to figure out some activities.

Quoting romacox:

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:55 AM

All of the lovely pranks were tipped off and the kids were able to de-booby the whole house... Next year I'm not telling a soul what's being planned....and my kids will come out green.....
At some point today, I'm taking a nap! Staying up to 2 am to set all these just to have them sprung with no victim has me a little down lol. At least I'll have the joy of watching them tip toeing and suspecting everything for the rest of the day :)
If the kids do'nt get their chores done, I'm not cooking all the food that was planned for today out of protest for not getting to eat breakfast since the oldest neglected her chores last night (didn't do the dishes AND had put dirty dishes away so the "clean" dishes were all nasty).
We're going to hopefully do a couple crafts today in honor of hte holiday...if not we'll do them tomororw instead.

Mommynay2
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:28 AM
I know what you mean about the protest. My kids are 10 and 11 and if I don't stay on them like white on rice nothing will get done. Sometimes I have to shake my head with them. For instance, fixing the trash bag before throwing food away. I think it's obvious to do that. My kids will just throw it away not even caring. When it's time to clean it out everybody goes running. I mean just really simple tasks they tend to "miss" it. Sometimes I think they are just lazy and just want to play me.

Quoting No_Difference:

All of the lovely pranks were tipped off and the kids were able to de-booby the whole house... Next year I'm not telling a soul what's being planned....and my kids will come out green.....
At some point today, I'm taking a nap! Staying up to 2 am to set all these just to have them sprung with no victim has me a little down lol. At least I'll have the joy of watching them tip toeing and suspecting everything for the rest of the day :)
If the kids do'nt get their chores done, I'm not cooking all the food that was planned for today out of protest for not getting to eat breakfast since the oldest neglected her chores last night (didn't do the dishes AND had put dirty dishes away so the "clean" dishes were all nasty).
We're going to hopefully do a couple crafts today in honor of hte holiday...if not we'll do them tomororw instead.

Mommynay2
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Oh one more thing, are you disappointed over them finding out about the pranks?

Quoting Mommynay2:

I know what you mean about the protest. My kids are 10 and 11 and if I don't stay on them like white on rice nothing will get done. Sometimes I have to shake my head with them. For instance, fixing the trash bag before throwing food away. I think it's obvious to do that. My kids will just throw it away not even caring. When it's time to clean it out everybody goes running. I mean just really simple tasks they tend to "miss" it. Sometimes I think they are just lazy and just want to play me.

Quoting No_Difference:

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Just a bit lol. From midnight (whn they both were finally SOUND asleep til 2 in the morning I set everything up. Unfortunatly, between neighbors who were supposed to be helping me set it up and family who overheard the grand scheme, they all gave hint to what was happening (still saying it was the leprechauns not me thankfully) and all the traps were foiledbefore they could be activated. The shower for instance was almost a dead give away when the neighbor said the leprechauns got her in the shower once. Taking apart the showe head to get koolaide and a egg dye brick in there was hard! The green came out in seconds and missed her entirely :(.  My little guy woke up beore she did and tipped her off on the balloons, and my dad had mentioned to her she might wake up mummy wrapped in streamers (so I skipped that one enirely and just did her door).
The target was the oldest... last year she got a letter from the leprechauns saying if she didn't give their gold back she had gotten from the tooth fairy last year (she lost a tooth the night before St Patrick's Day and she got a dollar coin along with choclate "gold"), that the tooth fairy stole from them, they were going to get her. She promptly lost all of the "gold" and was bragging forever about her "gold" which is where the pranks came in.

Now.... off to chain her rear end to the sink until all the dishes are washed. I've told her 3 times this morning already to get them done, and she put away 1 dish, turned around, and walked away to play. While she's there, I'll be taking away everything out of her room, and leaving her with a matress to sleep on and nothing else..... I may go look up one of those Great Depression Meals kibymom posted...one of the not so tasty ones... and serve that instead of everything else that was being made :/.   (this just may be the lack of sleep and the beginnings of hunger talking at the moment....)

Quoting Mommynay2:

Oh one more thing, are you disappointed over them finding out about the pranks?

Quoting Mommynay2:

Quoting No_Difference:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN