Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I wish I'd known that!

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:08 PM
  • 10 Replies

Have you found a website, a curriculum, or some resource that you wish you'd known about earlier in your homeschooling journey? I thought it would be fun to share.

by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucsch
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:09 PM

I think I would have liked to try using one of the free curriculums available online, like Ambleside, simplycharlottemason, oldfashionededucation or such. I also like the looks of livingbookscurriculum, but that isn't free.

I also wish I'd discovered Apologia science about a year earlier. I do wish I had a better organized method to study science, in general.

I am glad I found our math curriculum (Christian Light Education). I switched over to it after 2 years of using another one. The transition wasn't bad, but it would have been better if we had used it from the start.

Oh, and notebooking! I love using notebooking techniques to reinforce what we are studying. I discovered  that just about at the time to start doing it.

The Robinson Curriculum booklists would have been  a great way for my daughter to learn, as she loves to read.

I switched spelling so many times until I found Christian Liberty Press' Building Spelling Skills. That has worked well for us.

I am very happy with our curriculum, Heart of Dakota, and am very glad I found that "in time" to use it.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:49 PM

It happens to me ALL.THE.TIME!

Beachmama34
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Ambleside and simplycharlottemason

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:11 PM

I have been through this a few times. :)  The most recent one was the writing link that someone posted for me a few posts earlier. lol  

zandizane
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:07 PM

http://www.readingbear.com/ for my ds in kinder.

coala
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:16 AM

I can honestly say that we are VERY happy with what we are using as of right now.  They curric is working for both of my girls b/c it is incredibly structured and they both NEED that.  I am sure I will fell this way when we have to change things up.

celticdragon77
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Ball stick bird - phonics

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 4:43 PM

tell me more!

Quoting celticdragon77:

Ball stick bird - phonics

oredeb
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 7:06 PM

well gee i just wish they  had invented the internet when my kids were young at the beginning our our hs journey!!

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Yes, about Apologia, me too!   I wish I had known they had elementary curriculum as I had heard it was only for high school and dismissed it without further review because there was too much other stuff to learn.

Also, I wish I would have started Rod & Staff english, yet never done Rod & Staff math.... the math felt like a whole wasted year, neither kid got much out of it.   However, the english is perfect for us!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN