Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I'm nervous for Thursday! Someone tell me it will be ok!

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:14 PM
  • 11 Replies
2 moms liked this
I am having my Gallbladder removed on Thursday. It has been giving me fits for over 2.5 years.

Now you would think this post would be me being nervous about my surgery. Well, it is not. I am admittedly a little nervous about the surgery. However, the big thing that has me nervous is my MIL. She is coming to stay with the kids that day while hubby is at the hospital with me. She does not come to visit very often and is not at all supportive of homeschooling.
I am nervous to have her alone in my house for that extended period of time with the kids. Just because, we are working on a remodel project. Some things are out of place and the whole house is shifted around. I have made it organized and very comfortable and liveable. It still just makes me nervous. I keep a fairly clean house to begin with. (It is lived in, but clean) I will still be cleaning, organizing and stressing until after she leaves Thursday evening.

I guess my biggest fear is that someone one day is just going to up and call CPS just because they don't like that we homeschool. It may be an unfounded fear, but it is still a fear. She is hubbies step mom and she disagrees with basically any choice Hubby and I have made while raising the kids. I am a nervous mess about this!
Ack! Tell me it will be ok!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
irvinehiker
by Andrea on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this

It will be OK.  :)  Just look ahead to a week from now and most of this stress will be gone.  These are your kids so you get to make the rules.  Don't be afraid to stand your ground and let her know who's boss when it comes to your kids.  You are doing a great job as a mom and teacher, don't let her get to you!!

usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this
It will be OK! Remember if the only complaint someone has to report you to CPS is homeschooling by law CPS can not investigate based only on that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pukalani79
by Kristin on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:44 AM
1 mom liked this

It will be okay :)

Channell07
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:53 AM
1 mom liked this

It will be FINE! Don't panic!  And I totally would have watched them =) No worries that way! She may disagree but you are doing the best thing for them and they are doing amazing! Even she can't argue with that. 

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww >>> It WILL be okay. Even if she does call CPS.  All you have to do is invite them in, when they set an appointment or just show up, and sit down with them with a pot of coffee and tell them exactly what you do for school and what happens in a typical home life. Show them your schooling. If U voluntarily show them what they come seeking, they are less likely to have anything against you in general and specifically.  And if you make sure they feel comfortable with you, that will throw them off balance and wonder why they were called in the first place. Which in turn will show them that whoever made the call is either a disgruntled neighbor or a family member who just don't like you and wants to cause trouble.  :)   I am pretty sure that you have nothing to worry about.  Just go and have your surgery and not stress as much about this. It does you no good physically or mentally. 

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this

It will be fine! I'm sorry you have to go through all that.

kttycat84
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Prayers and positive thinking coming your way....sorry you have such an unsupportive MIL :(

Angela4boys
by Angela on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I wish I were closer!
tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:24 PM
If you were closer, we would be together a lot! Lol Ava and Addison would be chums. ;)

Quoting Angela4boys:

I wish I were closer!

tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:25 PM
I know you would have. :) I probably should have. I just feel bad asking anyone to watch them.

Quoting Channell07:

It will be FINE! Don't panic!  And I totally would have watched them =) No worries that way! She may disagree but you are doing the best thing for them and they are doing amazing! Even she can't argue with that. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN