Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Complete Curriculum

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:09 PM
  • 12 Replies

Has anyone used the curriculum from Harcourt Family learning? It's called complete curriculum and they have it for each grade level. I saw it tonight while we were at Barnes and Nobles. I was just wondering if anyone had an opinion on it. I am still deciding what we will use next school year.

by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
romacox
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:27 AM

I am not familiar with it.  However it is sold on Amazon, and there are some reviews on it there. 

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this
We bought it and plan to use it next year. For us it is going to be a guide line and practice work book because it would only take my dad maybe 6 months to finish. We are adding science and history from the magic school bus and the magic tree house to our curriculum and several websites.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I've seen it. I do not think it's meant to be a full curriculum, all on its own.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Rust.n.Gears
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this

We have used it in our curriculum and liked it. It is not a complete curriculum in my opinion. I added things in and felt great afterward.

mom2Bellarose
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Oh thanks, I'll check it out.

Quoting romacox:

I am not familiar with it.  However it is sold on Amazon, and there are some reviews on it there. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:18 PM

I agree, I had the same opinion when I purchased it. 

Quoting AutymsMommy:

I've seen it. I do not think it's meant to be a full curriculum, all on its own.

Home Educators Toolbox  / Articles / Kicbuttmama's Crazy Lapbooks / Kickbuttmama's Home Education
Albert Einstein -- 
   "Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid." 

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:20 PM

You! I keep trying to message you! Did you block me? (just kidding, just kidding - but I have been trying to message you and it doesn't seem to be working; can you message me?)

Quoting KickButtMama:

I agree, I had the same opinion when I purchased it. 

Quoting AutymsMommy:

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

blueyedbaker
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:59 PM

I used it for 3rd grade, it was our first year home schooling and I  needed something and had no idea what to get so I picked the 3rd grade book up. Just as the other ladies posted: it is not meant to be used all by it's self. You need to supplement. I ended up using it as a guide which worked great. For 4th grade I bought Calvert (which I will never do again) and this year I bought Houghton, Harcourt books and work books. 

donnadea
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:26 PM

I am using Comprehensive Curriculum of Basic Skills from American Education Publishing

its supposed to be everything they need to learn for whatever grade you get it for but I'm also having them do 

Spectrum Science 

Spectrum Geography

and I got nice book about United States Presidents and the states. 

mom2Bellarose
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:30 PM

I didn't even think to look at the bookstore for curriculum (silly I know). I was set on getting Abeka but I may build it myself. Exciting!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN