Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are your favorite summer activities or traditions??

Posted by   + Show Post

I seriously have almost 2 feet of snow in my front yard, I'm trying to cope by thinking ahead to summer.  One of our favorite things to do is sit on the front porch and eat ice cream together after dinner.  It's nothing fancy, but we enjoy it.  We also like the park, fireworks, and grilling out.

What are your favorite summer activities?

Or do have some special plans for this upcoming summer?

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Replies (11-20):
TroyboysMom
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:59 AM

Blueberry picking, strawberry picking, swimming, parties (including DS' birthday).

blueyedbaker
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:12 AM

We have about 5 feet of snow and it hasn't stopped in the past 3 days! Where is Spring this year!!! I hate winter so much! I need to move south.

Upcoming plans: We are putting in an in ground enclosed pool (so when winter decides not to leave we can still swim!)

Favorite summer activities: We love to be outside, gardening, campfires, summer parties. We live in the woods so we go for walks and catch fire flies.

We have a Drive In that is about 20 minutes form us that my girls love to go to. They have a restaurant, mini golf, a stage where they do summer activities, and car shows, it's a nice place to go in the summer.

blueyedbaker
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:16 AM
I always love hearing people talk about using the library. I run the story time twice a week at our local library, and I run the summer reading program. I just started a kids book club, it's an incentive program to get kids reading more. That bucket list sounds interesting. Is it books you and your kids want to read for the summer? If you have a minute I'd like more information.
Quoting Dawn07:

Every year we go to the summer reading program at our library. Last year I started a new tradition of making a summer bucket list.
oredeb
by debbie on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:13 AM

summer activities here are camping together, going over to the coast and crabbing and clamming(everyone would have their own bucket, whoever got the most clams got a prize) we like gardening together, fishing for salmon in the boat, driving around the mountains, 4 wheeling, foraging, in the fall we all meet up and go hunting for a week together, we rent a house on the beach and all meet up there for the weekend, bbqing every night, settng the tent up in the back yard for the kids all summer, camping for weeks at a time,  we'd choose an indian tribe to live like during the summer, studying all the facts about the tribe, cooking what they ate or close to it, dressing like them the best we could,  shooting, going on picnics around the area, visiting the grandparents,

Sekirei
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:14 AM

I like sitting inside and reading. I am not much of a summer person and hate it when it gets hotter than 75. (Which sucks, because I live in Texas right now) 

If I were back home, then I would probably just walk around the city with the kiddo and play in the commons.. 

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:17 AM
I used to work at our library before my first came along, and I would help with the summer program. I would always think its going to be cool when my kids can do this.
The bucket list is just fun summer things we would like to do. The library is on it, we have playing with water on it. We also have make sidewalk chalk paint on it but we didn't get to that one yet, maybe this summer.
I'm on my phone right now but later i can post the link to our bucket list for you to look at. I have quite a few things on it.

Quoting blueyedbaker:

I always love hearing people talk about using the library. I run the story time twice a week at our local library, and I run the summer reading program. I just started a kids book club, it's an incentive program to get kids reading more. That bucket list sounds interesting. Is it books you and your kids want to read for the summer? If you have a minute I'd like more information.

Quoting Dawn07:

Every year we go to the summer reading program at our library. Last year I started a new tradition of making a summer bucket list.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
blueyedbaker
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:26 AM

We make a list towards the end of Spring. It's all the stuff we want to do in the summer. I guess it's kind of the same as yours. We only had a few on our list last year because there was so much stuff to do around our house (it was our first full summer in our new house and we finally had grass growing, so the girls just wanted to stay home)

Quoting Dawn07:

I used to work at our library before my first came along, and I would help with the summer program. I would always think its going to be cool when my kids can do this.
The bucket list is just fun summer things we would like to do. The library is on it, we have playing with water on it. We also have make sidewalk chalk paint on it but we didn't get to that one yet, maybe this summer.
I'm on my phone right now but later i can post the link to our bucket list for you to look at. I have quite a few things on it.

Quoting blueyedbaker:

Quoting Dawn07:

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:18 AM

http://pinterest.com/dawn_p/summer/

This is some of ours. We had done the rock candy also.

Quoting blueyedbaker:

We make a list towards the end of Spring. It's all the stuff we want to do in the summer. I guess it's kind of the same as yours. We only had a few on our list last year because there was so much stuff to do around our house (it was our first full summer in our new house and we finally had grass growing, so the girls just wanted to stay home)

Quoting Dawn07:

Quoting blueyedbaker:

Quoting Dawn07:

blueyedbaker
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:46 PM

I became a follower. I always forget about Pinterest. I'm not really sure how to work it.

Quoting Dawn07:

http://pinterest.com/dawn_p/summer/

This is some of ours. We had done the rock candy also.

Quoting blueyedbaker:

Quoting Dawn07:

Quoting blueyedbaker:

Quoting Dawn07:

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Camping!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)