Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I see we have a lot of new folk and even some lurkers! Come and tell us about yourself.

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:47 PM
  • 37 Replies
2 moms liked this

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms!

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Mar. 19, 2013 at 5:19 PM
I've been here a long time, but have been lurking this month taking a break from the computer as much as I can. I miss the group! How are you mem?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 5:26 PM

hi nikki!!!! good to see ya!!! are you getting your garden started yet?

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:11 PM
I'm just looking and reading about what others are asking. My dd is only 3.5 but I've been working with her on lots of different stuff through play.

I'm also researching curriculum to find one that fits my girl style of learning.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:25 AM

thats neat mamamedic, you have the time to research about it all, are you coming to any conclusions about any of it??

Quoting mamamedic69:

I'm just looking and reading about what others are asking. My dd is only 3.5 but I've been working with her on lots of different stuff through play.

I'm also researching curriculum to find one that fits my girl style of learning.

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:38 AM
I know I want bible included. I am still trying to figure out what is best in terms of the right amount of seat work. My dd seems to learn best with a variety of stuff. She does abc mouse.com but can only do about 10-15 mins and then she's off and running. Same with seat work and crafts.

Quoting oredeb:

thats neat mamamedic, you have the time to research about it all, are you coming to any conclusions about any of it??

Quoting mamamedic69:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
coala
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I do a lot of lurking and some responding.  I do more lurking though.  LOL

I have learned a LOT from this group and appreicate the years of experience that all of you have!

irvinehiker
by Andrea on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I sure do a lot of lurking too, especially lately lol.

Quoting coala:

I do a lot of lurking and some responding.  I do more lurking though.  LOL

I have learned a LOT from this group and appreicate the years of experience that all of you have!

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:55 AM

My preschoolers are like that.  I have found no matter what I teach put it in 15 minute intervals and let them have a large 20 to 30 min break between.  I do not force the issue, but as they get older they do better at sitting and focusing.

oredeb
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:24 AM

hahahah sounds like the 5 yr old i have here! short lessons and then some activity! i also us abc pocket phonics on the ipad they learn sounds, and sound words and even get to write the letters using there fingers followin the arrows, nice and short! also dot o dot numbers and letters on the ipad, they sure love all the noise and such in it! i cant remember if ive used abc mouse yet , gona go look it up! theres so many!!

Quoting mamamedic69:

I know I want bible included. I am still trying to figure out what is best in terms of the right amount of seat work. My dd seems to learn best with a variety of stuff. She does abc mouse.com but can only do about 10-15 mins and then she's off and running. Same with seat work and crafts.

Quoting oredeb:

Quoting mamamedic69:

mrs.hartman12
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:58 AM

I am new and mostly lurk. My oldest is only 4 so our "school" is pretty much unschooling right now. I have a small stack of work books for her to use at her leasure. She likes them a lot and is getting pretty good at writing. I think once she learns to read she will be an independant study kid. So right now I just am getting ideas and reminding myself there are other families like us out there, lol. We recently moved so we are missing our old co-op and friends. Haven't found a non religous based co-op by us yet. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN