Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I see we have a lot of new folk and even some lurkers! Come and tell us about yourself.

Posted by   + Show Post

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms!

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Replies (31-37):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Welcome!

K and 1st are so fun to teach. 8)

There are plenty of moms on here that have kids that are sn (special needs) so you aren't alone in that respect. LOL Some days I think I would be happy if my four kids would give me a boring day. HAHA!

Quoting OFIH:

I am new. We have two sons (1 dog, 1 cat, and 2 parakeets) and we homeschool. My sons are in kindergarten and first grade. My younger son is a bit young for kindergarten (started when he was 4) but he was begging to "do school" like his brother, was picking things up without me actively teaching them to him, that I figured we would make the move and just take it easy with him, letting him go at his pace. He loves school. Both the kids do, but he asks for it.

Both of our sons have various and varying degrees of special needs. This makes our days even more interesting, but never boring. I am so excited to have found this site. One of my best friends, correction, my best friend, gave me the link and I am so excited to have found you all.

MonkeyPeanut79
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Hi I'm Jennifer. I have 3 boys who are 7, 3, and almost 8 months. This is my second year of homeschooling. We were just going to homeschool until we moved to a better school district but we couldn't find a house and everything just fell apart. So we figured we would just homeschool for a few years and then we would be moving. A few months ago I talked to my husband and I told him that I felt that God was leading us to homeschool until the kids graduate. He agreed (which was amazing because he was very anti-homeschool) and here we are.

This year and last year have really been a trial by fire. I had by gallbladder taken out last year and then a month later found out I was pregnant (Surprise!! lol). This year has been a mess with the new baby and I was super sick at the beginning of the year with a kidney infection so we pushed school back a couple weeks. I'm looking forward to summer break!

I am also looking forward to next year because we are moving away from a boxed curriculum. I researched for hours upon hours and I'm excited to put it all together and see how it goes :) It could be a disaster but I'm crossing my fingers! 

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:24 PM

It sounds very exciting! I don't use box curriculum, either. It can be very freeing. 8) Use the summer to write up a lesson plan or weekly goals to reach if you feel it's a little too scary to just go by the seat of your pants without the boxed curriculum's prelaid plans.

Quoting MonkeyPeanut79:

Hi I'm Jennifer. I have 3 boys who are 7, 3, and almost 8 months. This is my second year of homeschooling. We were just going to homeschool until we moved to a better school district but we couldn't find a house and everything just fell apart. So we figured we would just homeschool for a few years and then we would be moving. A few months ago I talked to my husband and I told him that I felt that God was leading us to homeschool until the kids graduate. He agreed (which was amazing because he was very anti-homeschool) and here we are.

This year and last year have really been a trial by fire. I had by gallbladder taken out last year and then a month later found out I was pregnant (Surprise!! lol). This year has been a mess with the new baby and I was super sick at the beginning of the year with a kidney infection so we pushed school back a couple weeks. I'm looking forward to summer break!

I am also looking forward to next year because we are moving away from a boxed curriculum. I researched for hours upon hours and I'm excited to put it all together and see how it goes :) It could be a disaster but I'm crossing my fingers! 

oredeb
by debbie on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:42 AM

hi ofih and welcome! k and 1st are fun grades!! i love teaching them! they are so interested in everything! 

Quoting OFIH:

I am new. We have two sons (1 dog, 1 cat, and 2 parakeets) and we homeschool. My sons are in kindergarten and first grade. My younger son is a bit young for kindergarten (started when he was 4) but he was begging to "do school" like his brother, was picking things up without me actively teaching them to him, that I figured we would make the move and just take it easy with him, letting him go at his pace. He loves school. Both the kids do, but he asks for it.

Both of our sons have various and varying degrees of special needs. This makes our days even more interesting, but never boring. I am so excited to have found this site. One of my best friends, correction, my best friend, gave me the link and I am so excited to have found you all.

crystalhend
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi my name is Crystal. I am mom to a 6 kids and one on the way. I homeschool my 3oldest they are 13, 11, & 7. Next year I will be adding a K to the mix along with a new baby. I am very busy I am studying to become a midwife and work as a birth assistant. I also sale on the side Pampered Chef. I mostly lurk in all my groups but I do check this one out the most. I love all the ideas for schooling.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kat0038
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Hi new on here and do a lot of lurking. My youngest is four and does some preschool/kindergarten.  My oldest is six and is in first grade. We have been struggling finding a good homeschool/support group in our area, so have been very thankful to find this group. 

haylemoon
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Hi everyone! I'm jenn and I'm new too, but right now i'm doing more reading than posting.  I will be homeschooling my DH and I's youngest 2.  They are about to be 4 and 2..I'm starting the 3rd week in April "playing school" with my STB 4 year old.  I want to get her use to working on more structured activities and lessons.  I think we will be using AOP Horizons Curriculum, but I'm not sure yet.  I also like AIG Pre-school curriculum.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)