Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I see we have a lot of new folk and even some lurkers! Come and tell us about yourself.

Posted by   + Show Post

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms!

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Replies (21-30):
mrs.hartman12
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:07 PM

thank you but we are athiest :-)

Quoting kirbymom:

You know you could make your own since she is young enough to not need such an indepth curriculum just yet.  You could even do your own faith based curriculum too. 

Quoting mrs.hartman12:

I am new and mostly lurk. My oldest is only 4 so our "school" is pretty much unschooling right now. I have a small stack of work books for her to use at her leasure. She likes them a lot and is getting pretty good at writing. I think once she learns to read she will be an independant study kid. So right now I just am getting ideas and reminding myself there are other families like us out there, lol. We recently moved so we are missing our old co-op and friends. Haven't found a non religous based co-op by us yet. 

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:13 PM

Hi Amanda!  Happiness is contagiouos you know! :)  I am happy that everything is going so well for you. :)   And since you are such a great conversationalist, you can jumo in and start a new conversation any time you want. :)  

Quoting Amanda_Jo1209:

I just recently joined.

My name is Amanda, I am a SAHM to two wonderful children and the girlfriend to my best friend. My son is 4 and my daughter is 3 and my youngest is 2. My youngest lives with his mama, he IS mine, just not biologically and I don't like the term "step-xxx". I am a southern girl, I LOVE LOVE LOVE horses, bonfires, camping, fishing, etc. I just started homeschooling this year. We are taking it easy and pretty much "unschooling" I guess you could say, until this fall. My bf and I are amazing together. I have never been THIS happy before in my life.

I am pretty much an open book and will talk your ear off. If you have any questions or want to know anything, just ask. :)

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Oh my! I am sorry, I see that now. My youngest(4) has a high pitch bower that she was trying to blow in my ears and so miss-read your last statement. What a goofy blunder, :)  

Quoting mrs.hartman12:

thank you but we are athiest :-)

Quoting kirbymom:

You know you could make your own since she is young enough to not need such an indepth curriculum just yet.  You could even do your own faith based curriculum too. 

Quoting mrs.hartman12:

I am new and mostly lurk. My oldest is only 4 so our "school" is pretty much unschooling right now. I have a small stack of work books for her to use at her leasure. She likes them a lot and is getting pretty good at writing. I think once she learns to read she will be an independant study kid. So right now I just am getting ideas and reminding myself there are other families like us out there, lol. We recently moved so we are missing our old co-op and friends. Haven't found a non religous based co-op by us yet. 

lovepotato
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:28 PM
I haven't been on in awhile, but I'm mostly a lurker too. My name is Molly, married to DJ, and we have three living kids: Gideon, Annie, and Ellie. Gideon is in kindergarten, Annie tags along (she'll be 3 in two Weeks) and Ellie is 8 months old. I haven't been doing as much as I could for school with Gideon, but he now knows all his letters and is starting to read. He's always been good at math, so we work on that too. He amazes me with his insight and depth.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jeweldragons
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:52 AM

I mostly lurk with a few reponses.  I'm TTC #1 so I have a long way to go before I start homeschooling.  But it is nice to read about what others are doing with their kids.

bether89
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:57 PM

I do alot of lurking too.  I have 2 boys.  One is in 4th grade and the other in preschool.  We have been homeschooling since the middle of 3rd grade for the oldest.  We are planning to homeschool both boys through high school.

mommy02cooper
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:30 PM

I am still trying to see if homeschooling will work for us. I have a 4yr old and have a home daycare so we are busy all day long with some sort of learning just trying to see how it may work when he gets older. I also have 2 older girls one just graduated and in no way could I have home schooled her she was just to "busy". My other one is going to start high school and is looking forward to it she does lots of learning at home and goes to school for socialization she is very shy and would love to just be home and not go out if possible so we will see how high school goes.

She does love to help with daycare as well.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Good luck! You can do it!

Quoting mommy02cooper:

I am still trying to see if homeschooling will work for us. I have a 4yr old and have a home daycare so we are busy all day long with some sort of learning just trying to see how it may work when he gets older. I also have 2 older girls one just graduated and in no way could I have home schooled her she was just to "busy". My other one is going to start high school and is looking forward to it she does lots of learning at home and goes to school for socialization she is very shy and would love to just be home and not go out if possible so we will see how high school goes.

She does love to help with daycare as well.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:15 PM

BUMP BUMP

OFIH
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:33 PM

I am new. We have two sons (1 dog, 1 cat, and 2 parakeets) and we homeschool. My sons are in kindergarten and first grade. My younger son is a bit young for kindergarten (started when he was 4) but he was begging to "do school" like his brother, was picking things up without me actively teaching them to him, that I figured we would make the move and just take it easy with him, letting him go at his pace. He loves school. Both the kids do, but he asks for it.

Both of our sons have various and varying degrees of special needs. This makes our days even more interesting, but never boring. I am so excited to have found this site. One of my best friends, correction, my best friend, gave me the link and I am so excited to have found you all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)