Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I really LOVE this group!  We are very eclectic (a bit of everything, ya know).  We have people just thinking about homeschooling, virtual academies, traditional schoolers, and unschoolers... and everything in between!

We are typically very supportive and not very judgmental.  BUT I've noticed that we've been getting into some brush-ups lately.  Just remember that we are here to give advice, be supportive, and talk about homeschooling. 

Some ladies have been on the verge of calling others abusive and there have been some very judgmental posts about the kind of homeschooling people do or the reasons behind those choices.  We all try to do what is best for our families.  We all make our own choices.  And those choices are valid.  Homeschooling is a LOT o work and a Lot of stress....Be respectful, okay.

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Replies (21-25):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Quoting debramommyof4:

I think I missed this unless you are talking about my cheating post. I was not offended by anything so I dont think so.  I love this group because there are so many wonderful differences on here.

It really wasn't just 1 specific post, but a few that kind of stacked up.  Don't want to call anyone out, just remind us all to watch.  I know I'm guilty of jumpng to conclusions and whatnot too.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:17 PM

It's cuz I haven't been her to kick butt!

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Quoting KickButtMama:

It's cuz I haven't been her to kick butt!

Oh good!  Someone to blame....It's all your fault, you should never leave us alone!  LOL  JK!  :-)

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I would hate for anyone to be called out.  That would not be nice.  I have been guilty of jumping to conclusions also.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting debramommyof4:

I think I missed this unless you are talking about my cheating post. I was not offended by anything so I dont think so.  I love this group because there are so many wonderful differences on here.

It really wasn't just 1 specific post, but a few that kind of stacked up.  Don't want to call anyone out, just remind us all to watch.  I know I'm guilty of jumpng to conclusions and whatnot too.

jeweldragons
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Excellent reminder.  I mostly lurk and read since I'm TTC but I agree there is already enough judgment from society about home schooling.  Home schooling moms (and dads) should stick together.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN