Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Time to just do some relaxing thoughts.....

Posted by   + Show Post

What is YOUR favorite way to de-stress or just plain relax?   

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Replies (41-50):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:22 PM
I love Janette Oke! The Canadian Mountie series...When calls the heart..is my fave!

Lol..its not unusual for a Tuesday night to be karate and a book while in the bubble bath n sipping a 'Rita!

Quoting kirbymom:

You should. You might like the writing style.  

Quoting Precious333:

not off the top of my head. I will have to look it up!

Quoting kirbymom:

I like christian stories myself.  Have you ever heard of June Masters Bacher? Or Janette Oke?   

Quoting Precious333:

so many! lol I hik it depends on the writer. I tend to stick to Christain themes though. I like true stories,stories that have meaning behind them, books that applicable to me today.....so many different genres :) (no horror ec.)

Quoting kirbymom:

I love reading. What is your genre that you like the most? 

Quoting Precious333:

Gardening or taking a walk in nature. Reading outside :) talking with friends

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Awesome! She is a fantastic writer!  One of my favorites. :) And I also love that series! lol  

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

I love Janette Oke! The Canadian Mountie series...When calls the heart..is my fave!

Lol..its not unusual for a Tuesday night to be karate and a book while in the bubble bath n sipping a 'Rita!

Quoting kirbymom:

You should. You might like the writing style.  

Quoting Precious333:

not off the top of my head. I will have to look it up!

Quoting kirbymom:

I like christian stories myself.  Have you ever heard of June Masters Bacher? Or Janette Oke?   

Quoting Precious333:

so many! lol I hik it depends on the writer. I tend to stick to Christain themes though. I like true stories,stories that have meaning behind them, books that applicable to me today.....so many different genres :) (no horror ec.)

Quoting kirbymom:

I love reading. What is your genre that you like the most? 

Quoting Precious333:

Gardening or taking a walk in nature. Reading outside :) talking with friends

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:02 PM

I use to read a lot of science fiction but now I am mostly reading romance novels.  There is almost always an emergency when I am reading, even in the bath that requires me to put down my book and I do not have time to pick it up again for days.  Romance novels are easier to put down.

Quoting kirbymom:

What reading genra do you mostly stick with? 

Quoting debramommyof4:

hot bath and a book

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Awesome! Another sci-fi reader. I love sci-fi. As much as I love romance.  But for me, putting any book down is difficult and enev more difficult to pick up once I do. lol  What kind of sci-fi are you an avid reader of? 

Quoting debramommyof4:

I use to read a lot of science fiction but now I am mostly reading romance novels.  There is almost always an emergency when I am reading, even in the bath that requires me to put down my book and I do not have time to pick it up again for days.  Romance novels are easier to put down.

Quoting kirbymom:

What reading genra do you mostly stick with? 

Quoting debramommyof4:

hot bath and a book

coala
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:25 PM

I like to sit with a good cup of tea and do counted cross stitch.  I have been so stressed lately that once the kids hit the bed, I veg in front of the TV.  LOL

wunderwifey
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I use to go bike riding but with the new baby I don't think that's gonna happen again for awhile. I love a good cup of hot tea and laying back with some music. I try to read when I can but I have a bad habit of putting other stuff off until I finish a book. Its not un common for me to finish 300 pages in a day or two. *sheepish grin* need to figure something out that works now around the baby. He's not even 2 weeks old and I'm stressed out beyond belief.
Kat0038
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:01 PM

I enjoy reading and writing. It really helps to be able to get my thoughts down on paper. 

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:55 PM

I know this feeling all too well, I'm afraid. :)  

Quoting coala:

I like to sit with a good cup of tea and do counted cross stitch.  I have been so stressed lately that once the kids hit the bed, I veg in front of the TV.  LOL

TxMommyOfBoys
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:10 PM
I work out. & take hot bubble baths AND shop! Lol
jeweldragons
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:55 AM

Read.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)