Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You know that list of books you keep in the back of your mind, or even on an actually list? The list of books your want to eventually get for your kids.
I managed to get our curriculum for less than the budgeted amount this year. So I took the extra money and have been slowly trying to gather some of the books on my list.
This one came today. Have been wanting to get this one for them for a while. They are excited.
Even snagged a good deal on Ebay. :)
What's on your Book Wish List??

Hmmm...now which one to get next...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:08 PM
Replies (21-25):
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:28 PM

We did that at the beginning of the year, but she never answered a single question correctly even if I let her have the book right in front of her to get the answers from! She got discouraged, I got frustrated, and in the end, it was burried in the "tried this and that" pile which is growing extensively in the reading and writing departments :/

Quoting debramommyof4:

with book adventure they earn prizes for passing the tests which ensure they comprend the books.  My kids love it.

Quoting No_Difference:

I may have reached a break through. We recently finished reading Secrets of NIMH for our bedtime story (The only time she actually listens) and thn hubby got her the movie. We watched it and then discussed the differences between the two and she was able to spot almost all of them!! 
I found this website: http://www.mymcpl.org/cfapps/botb/book.cfm which has an extensive list of books with movies based off of them. Now I'm going through them all to find appropriate books for her with movies we can get ahold of for the rest of this year and probably next.
I still have to find a way to work on comprehension with her tho :/

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Sorry I hope you find something that works.

Quoting No_Difference:

We did that at the beginning of the year, but she never answered a single question correctly even if I let her have the book right in front of her to get the answers from! She got discouraged, I got frustrated, and in the end, it was burried in the "tried this and that" pile which is growing extensively in the reading and writing departments :/

Quoting debramommyof4:

with book adventure they earn prizes for passing the tests which ensure they comprend the books.  My kids love it.

Quoting No_Difference:

I may have reached a break through. We recently finished reading Secrets of NIMH for our bedtime story (The only time she actually listens) and thn hubby got her the movie. We watched it and then discussed the differences between the two and she was able to spot almost all of them!! 
I found this website: http://www.mymcpl.org/cfapps/botb/book.cfm which has an extensive list of books with movies based off of them. Now I'm going through them all to find appropriate books for her with movies we can get ahold of for the rest of this year and probably next.
I still have to find a way to work on comprehension with her tho :/

Channell07
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this

It's a MILE long.. haha

twyliatepeka
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:31 PM
There are so many! I always make sure to put some books on the list at birthdays & Christmas & any other time I can.

I definitely want to get the American girl books.

I just bought some books Saturday at the community yardsale & wanted more than what I got. This lady had the entire set of books I wanted (can't remember the name now. Lol) but hubby said no.

I love any book & wish I could give them all a home on our shelves :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jeweldragons
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:42 AM

I am an avid book lover/reader.  I have a ton of books in my favorites folder on my computer that I want to buy.  If you want to see my library go to my blog Journey to Jannah  and click on "Library" page.  I keep telling my husabnd I need a library.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)