Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What is YOUR Advice for other Home Schoolers?

Posted by   + Show Post

What do YOU do when you come to a proverbial "bump" in the road and feel that you can't progress any further?  

What are some things that  you do to drive over that "bump" ?

undefined

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Replies (31-36):
rsrangel
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:39 PM
LOL! Your comments totally made my night. Hilarious.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

2. Bake brownies - chocolate cures everything.

3. Don't close your eyes while you're arguing with your homeschooled preteen - you will have visions of yellow school buses coming to take them away... and you'll like it... and you'll start researching schools...

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jeweldragons
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:09 AM
2 moms liked this

If you ever feel you just need a break then don't be afraid to take that break. 

Remember that you may face judgment from society, friends and even family members but that you are doing the best for your children.  *Though it'd be nice to have some support.*

Education isn't just about academics or social skills.  It is a combination of these two things with a greater goal of exploring the world around you, taking that information in, disgesting it and then passing it on to others you meet in your life.  Perhaps something you say today can change someone's outlook on something tomorrow.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:22 PM

The trick to that is to enjoy the fact that education happens all the time.  To appreciate the different aspects of that all the time happenstance. Once you start to appreciate this, the enjoyment is not too far behind. IN fact, it brings back the excitement that goes missing when stress starts to invade. :)  

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

Take a break !

I tell people this all the time. They jump on the homeschool train and don't know how to relax, unwind, and enjoy things without it being educational all the time.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Quoting TxMommyOfBoys:

We just take a break. Watch movies, read books,
go to real life fiels trips (grocery store, my office, etc)

This is such a great way to drive over that road bump. :)   

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Very well put jewel!  :)  

Quoting jeweldragons:

Remember that you may face judgment from society, friends and even family members but that you are doing the best for your children.  *Though it'd be nice to have some support.*

Education isn't just about academics or social skills.  It is a combination of these two things with a greater goal of exploring the world around you, taking that information in, disgesting it and then passing it on to others you meet in your life.  Perhaps something you say today can change someone's outlook on something tomorrow.

jeweldragons
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 5:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting kirbymom:

Very well put jewel!  :)  

Quoting jeweldragons:

Thanks. I just made the last quote up myself on a spur of the moment thing. Though I think it at least personally for me summarizes homeschool perfectly.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)