Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Locations

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:52 PM
  • 17 Replies
Since I'm new and there are some other newbies let's share with everyone where we live.
Were you born/raised there?
Do you like it?
If you could live ANYWHERE where would it be?

I live in NW Indiana.
I was born and raised it NE Indiana, close to Ohio.
I hated the town I grew up in so that's why I moved. I like where we live now but it's not somewhere that I want to have my roots. We are planning on moving to TX within the next cpl years.
I would pick Italy!!!!! I want to visit there so bad.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kat0038
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:13 PM

I'm new here as well. Growing up my dads job caused us to move all over. I was born in Missouri and lived in Arizona, Pennsylvania, Oklahoma, and Tennessee. I am pressantly living in Georgia and it has it's ups and downs like most places. Georgia is absolutely beautiful, but the summers are extremely hot and humid, the winters are fairly mild, and spring and falls are short. I have always wanted to visit Ireland. 

jen2150
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:56 PM

I am not a newbie.  I was raised in MI but I now live in VA.  I love the weather in VA a lot better than MI.  The homeschooling community here is wonderful.  There are so many things to do.  I love all the historic places there are to visit here.  If I could live anywhere it would be the Bahamas or Belize.  I also love the mountains.  

TxMommyOfBoys
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Dfw texas here. Weve been here our whole lives! This is where I would live if I had the choice. Or florida.
Rust.n.Gears
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I live in the Springfield, MA area. A small town just outside the city.

I was actually born here but we moved immediately. I was 3 days old when we packed up and moved with the caravan. My family is Romani Gypsy and moved all the time. I hated the constant moving. If I could live anywhere I would live right here. I love it here and wouldn't trade it for anything.

irvinehiker
by Andrea on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:03 PM

I'm in western Wisconsin not too far from Minneapolis/St Paul.  I grew up here and have lived within 30 minutes from here my whole life, other than a year of college.  I even live in the same neighborhood I grew up in, so I really have wandered too far lol.  If I could live anywhere it would be Nantucket, MA, I won't be moving there anytime soon though, I just don't have a million dollars for a house.  

rsrangel
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:37 PM
I live in south Florida. Moved here when i was 14. I was born and raised in Connecticut. I love it here! Beautiful weather and the beach all year round!! If I could live anywhere it would be on a private island.
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:46 PM

I live in Riverside California.

Were you born/raised there? No I was born in New Orleans LA, and raised in Arkansas.
Do you like it? Yes
If you could live ANYWHERE where would it be? Tennessee it is where my family lives.

Mommy2Emmau
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:08 PM
I live in South Central Indiana. Born in Indy, and raised where I live now. Moved for a while as a kid, but we moved back when I was a teenager. If I could live anywhere it'd be here, because we have tons of family and they all live here. I'm a homebody! : ) I'd be too homesick to move away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NYCitymomx3
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I live in New York City

I was born and raised here.

I love it more than anything.

I would never want to live anywhere else.  It's a homeschool paradise here.  So many amazing things are right at my doorstep (well, at least within 20 minutes)

twyliatepeka
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:43 PM
I am in Alabama. It is nice here. Not a ton to do for hs activities but it is quiet and my little one can play outdoors without worry.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN