Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Printers

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:23 PM
  • 11 Replies

As soon as I get my taxes back I am going to be getting us a printer to print stuff off for the kiddos to do. What printer would you recommend? I am looking for something that is all-in-one (printer, scanner, copier) and wireless would be awesome!!! Thank you ladies.

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amanda_Jo1209
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:15 PM

bump

usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I have a cannon that is an all in one, but it is so old that I can't find the ink cartridges easily unless I want recycled ones. So if you want a long living one I can tell you the cannon has lasted longer then all my other printers did.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CowgirlMama0508
by Tasha on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I just bought the Kodak hero 4.2. It's awesome! I've printed off around 300 pages (both b&w and color) on the cartridges that came with it and they are still half full. I love it. It's a all in one and wireless :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amanda_Jo1209
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:14 AM

I cannot find it anywhere!!! I've been doing research and looking up reviews on printers then I remembered this post so I looked the Kodak up and there isn't anyone selling it lol

Quoting CowgirlMama0508:

I just bought the Kodak hero 4.2. It's awesome! I've printed off around 300 pages (both b&w and color) on the cartridges that came with it and they are still half full. I love it. It's a all in one and wireless :)

mamacornias
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Do not get Lexmark you can't refill the cartridges.

armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 3:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I have an HP.  The cartridges aren't too expensive (black ink is like $12.99 and color is $15 I believe).  I like it. I have had it for about a little over 2 years now and I have no need for a new one yet.  

I hated my old Lexmark printer.  There was a seperate cartarage for each color so whenever you needed new ink (black and color) you ended up spending almost $70.  WAY too expensive for me.  Especially with as much as I print! 

Amanda_Jo1209
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 3:16 AM
I've been looking at HP and all I've found are the ones with the multiple color cartridges and the reviews all say the paper jams.

Quoting armygirl16:

I have an HP.  The cartridges aren't too expensive (black ink is like $12.99 and color is $15 I believe).  I like it. I have had it for about a little over 2 years now and I have no need for a new one yet.  

I hated my old Lexmark printer.  There was a seperate cartarage for each color so whenever you needed new ink (black and color) you ended up spending almost $70.  WAY too expensive for me.  Especially with as much as I print! 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tnt-manda
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 4:01 AM
I have an hp, I love it..scanner, printer, all in one...don't think it has ever jammed. I bought two yrs ago at wal-mart around $79.00

Quoting Amanda_Jo1209:

I've been looking at HP and all I've found are the ones with the multiple color cartridges and the reviews all say the paper jams.

Quoting armygirl16:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 4:25 AM

I have never had a paper jam in the 2 years I have had it.  I bought it during a black friday sale at Walmart.  I have the HP Deskjet 3050 j610 series.  I love it :)

Quoting Amanda_Jo1209:

Quoting armygirl16:

Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician (car seat tech) Ask me a question!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:51 AM

I had an HP and "upgraded" to a kodak.  The HP was pretty great, but I don't think it was wireless (funny that I can't remember, lol).  I like the kodak a lot, it prints great.  Once in a while it refuses to connect wirelessly with the computer and I have to go through the whole set up thing again, that gets annoying when I need to print something now! lol.  Also, I feel like it uses ink pretty fast and the ink is average cost but feels expensive.  I guess it feels expensive because I get it at Sam's Club so either 3 black or 2 color cartridges for around $35, so when I buy both it seems so expensive.  And if I buy both, I then have 5 cartridges and it lasts me about 4 months-but I'm not hsing yet-so I would say cut that in half probably if I was printing lots of work at home for them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)