Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Are you starting to feel pressure to get your curriculum finished for the year?

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:55 AM
  • 43 Replies

Does the approaching summer make you feel like you need to pick up the pace?

by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bmw29
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Nope, we don't usually take off the entire summer anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:08 AM

No, just the opposite. Once that warm weather hits, I'm ready for some outside time! I've never actually seen anyone actually "finish" curriculum.  I thought most people just pick up where they left off. That's what we do. For us, learning is a lifestyle, not  a seasonal thing.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Not this year.  We are deschooling a bit, picking what we want to cover and covering it.  So this is so liberating. We are planning some stuff to do outside once the flipping snow melts!! (4 inches last night again!)

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:31 AM
We are ahead, so I'm actually doing the opposite and I really need to get back into the groove.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:18 PM
I'm slowly getting things accomplished for the next school year. I'm hoping to have everything narrowed down and purchased by the end of April, but I'm still doing a lot of research blah blah!! I'm feeling a little pressure!! We're also working through the summer minus our 2 week vacation in June!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SusanTheWriter
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Gah! Yes! We took it very easy this year to let DD decompress and not be so stressed out to perform, but stuff has to be done before I'll give her enough credits to go back to high school as a junior in the fall. If it takes a chunk of her summer, then that's how it goes, but she's the one setting the pace. I will not just give her a grade and call it good enough when August rolls around if there are things left unfinished.

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:27 PM
A little bit, but I'm trying to remember I have options on how and when it can be finished.
Knightquester
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:43 PM

We'll be doing school a bit this summer but yes I plan for us to have completed what we've been working on this school year before starting on our summer curriculum.  We've always been able to finish our curriculum before summer starts so I'm sure we'll be fine.

TxMommyOfBoys
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:05 PM
I never feel pressure lol. So no.
Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:06 PM

No, I usually get everything before the summer so we can enjoy that time.  If I didn't have the items, maybe.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)