Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Are you starting to feel pressure to get your curriculum finished for the year?

Posted by   + Show Post

Does the approaching summer make you feel like you need to pick up the pace?

by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Replies (11-20):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Not really. But this year I am going to handle the summer much different that in years past. I am planning on doing some type of schooling through the summer this year. I want to change things up a bit and see what takes and what doesn't as far as the kind of schooling they like. 

rsrangel
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:12 PM
We don't follow the curriculums pace, we follow each kids pace. So if they get ahead I'll go ahead and get the next level in that subject. If they get behind then we slow down. We don't have to keep portfolios, take any tests or do evaluations, so not feeling any pressure here! Just going with the flow, getting out to enjoy our beautiful weather as much as we can, and loving life!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 5:18 PM

nope, we will be done in may  so not long1

coala
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:18 PM

With my youngest yes, but she didn't technically start until January.  She is on track to finish in the middle of July.

My oldest will finish at the beginning of July.

We buy new curric in the middle of April.  LOL

blueyedbaker
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:01 AM
For me it's the month of June. That's when my oldest has to take the state test and that makes me feel like I need to pick up the pace. Make sure I have covered everything she needs to know to be able to do a great job on that stupid test!!!
blueyedbaker
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:12 AM

I wish I lived where you do! I'm in NY. I have to send in quarterly reports, and the kids have to take the state test at the end of the year. It really sucks because we can't do what we want to do because we have to make sure we cover what will be on that test or else they won't do good and then that reflex bad on me and then who knows what they will do!

Quoting rsrangel:

We don't follow the curriculums pace, we follow each kids pace. So if they get ahead I'll go ahead and get the next level in that subject. If they get behind then we slow down. We don't have to keep portfolios, take any tests or do evaluations, so not feeling any pressure here! Just going with the flow, getting out to enjoy our beautiful weather as much as we can, and loving life!

firehorse13
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:21 AM
We homeschool year round, and usually start our new "year" in the spring time. I've been piecing together our curriculum since before Christmas. I've been a lot more flustered this year because I'm teaching 3 instead of just 1.
edelweiss23
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:23 AM
No.
We plan everything out at the start of the year. We are right on track to finish on time
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:21 AM
Quoting blueyedbaker:

Does NY have a portfolio option?
Kat0038
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:23 AM

No, we became frustrated with our cirriculum at about Christmas time and decided to stop using it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN