Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A Science Lesson/Experiment ......

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:12 PM
  • 12 Replies

undefined

by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:13 PM

I remember doing this when I was in school!  This should be a fun lesson and experiment for our kids. :)  

usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Cool, my kids love stuff like this.

blueyedbaker
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:42 PM

That's pretty neat, but my 6 year old would not like it at all. Anything do to with blood she freaks out!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Would they do this, you think? 

Quoting usmom3:

Cool, my kids love stuff like this.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Aww >> Maybe I can find something that she can do.  What is she interested in? 

Quoting blueyedbaker:

That's pretty neat, but my 6 year old would not like it at all. Anything do to with blood she freaks out!

blueyedbaker
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

She is a girly girl but at the same time she's a tom-boy. We call her our Tom-boy-princess. She would sit in the mud picking up worms with her crown and princess dress on!

We have an experiment book we do. She's into all kinds of stuff...anything hands on she likes to do just nothing to do with blood. 

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting blueyedbaker:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:52 PM

LOL >> I have one of those! She also does not like blood. She almost pukes if there is any spoken references to the word.  

Quoting blueyedbaker:

She is a girly girl but at the same time she's a tom-boy. We call her our Tom-boy-princess. She would sit in the mud picking up worms with her crown and princess dress on!

We have an experiment book we do. She's into all kinds of stuff...anything hands on she likes to do just nothing to do with blood. 

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting blueyedbaker:

blueyedbaker
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine too! We could be talking about something and if she hears the word blood she gags. She had her front teeth taken out (they were loose but there was a pocket and the dentist was afraid it would get infected) and there was a lot of blood for the next few days after. That's where it started. It totally grossed her out and she's been like this since. You can talk about anything else, she can touch anything, slimy, gross, anything and she's fine - mention blood and forget it she covers her ears and runs!

Quoting kirbymom:

LOL >> I have one of those! She also does not like blood. She almost pukes if there is any spoken references to the word.  

Quoting blueyedbaker:

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting blueyedbaker:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Yep. RThat is how mine is also. lol  I was the same way when I was little but in my early thirties, I all of a sudden grew out of it, Not sure what caused the change. All I know is that I changed. :)  How about you? Were/are you the same way?  

Quoting blueyedbaker:

Mine too! We could be talking about something and if she hears the word blood she gags. She had her front teeth taken out (they were loose but there was a pocket and the dentist was afraid it would get infected) and there was a lot of blood for the next few days after. That's where it started. It totally grossed her out and she's been like this since. You can talk about anything else, she can touch anything, slimy, gross, anything and she's fine - mention blood and forget it she covers her ears and runs!

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting blueyedbaker:

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting blueyedbaker:

blueyedbaker
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:49 PM

If anyone is talking about surgery (usually in person) or getting hurt, blood, then I start to feel queasy. But if I'm in a situation that has blood or someone is hurt I'm fine I know that I have to do whatever it is that needs to be done so I have no choice. I think I've always been like that. I don't mind bugs and gross stuff along those lines, and I never acted afraid of stuff that is outside since I like gardening, and being outside, I didn't want my girls afraid of bugs and stuff so even if something scared me like a bee(which by the way I'm allergic) I didn't act afraid otherwise they would be afraid and we'd never go outside, we live in the middle of 300 acres of woods, there is all kinds of wild life here.

Quoting kirbymom:

Yep. RThat is how mine is also. lol  I was the same way when I was little but in my early thirties, I all of a sudden grew out of it, Not sure what caused the change. All I know is that I changed. :)  How about you? Were/are you the same way?  

Quoting blueyedbaker:

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting blueyedbaker:

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting blueyedbaker:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)