Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your first day/week of homeschooling

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:43 PM
  • 8 Replies

What kind of activities did you do for the first day of homeschooling, or do you have any traditions for the first day/week every year?  A special theme?  Or do you just jump right in to lessons? 

by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
coala
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this

We just jump right in!!  LOL

TxMommyOfBoys
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:19 PM
We a school year around so no biggie for us.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Walnutgrovefarm
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Usually just go over the curriculum together look at the books and talk about what projects to do for the year. Starting this year will be schooling year round. With a few breaks.

blueyedbaker
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:31 PM

I have never been one to get the class room ready a head of time, I know most people do but I think that it's a waste of our summer and I'm not spending any more time in that room during the summer than I have to so we usually get the class room all set up the first couple of weeks of school. We put up new posters make bulletin boards, and then go over the curriculum. My girls love doing that. Then we jump in with the work!

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:31 PM

We were pjs and start right in.  I do take pictures though every year.

Pukalani79
by Kristin on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:47 PM

I always get them  small gift for the first and last official days of the school year.  We do school year 'round, but in the summer it's more laid back, so that "official" first day back is a signal that we're about to get more focused.

oredeb
by debbie on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:10 AM

wow that was so long ago i dont even remember!!! i was 24 when we first started and now im 54!!!hahahahah long time ago!

and we have no traditions for first days every year,  we just right into it!

Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:53 AM

School is more of a lifestyle rather than an event, so we don't really recognize starting and stopping days.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)