Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

learning styles

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:00 PM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this

This is a short article that gives you a little information on learning styles. Just thought that it would be useful to some new home schooling parents.

http://www.schoolfamily.com/school-family-articles/article/826-what-is-your-childs-learning-style 

by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
blueyedbaker
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:01 PM

My oldest learns better when she is read to, so she is an Auditory learner, and my youngest learns better by doing, hands on all the way so she is a Kinesthetic learner.

MrsSamMerlotte
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:15 PM

 Great article.

romacox
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you for posting this.  Workbooks are left brain teaching, and are effective with about 45 % of the population.  The other 55%  are like round pegs forced into square holes (one size does not fit all)  . 

I have found that by involving as many of the senses as possible in the learning process,  I am able to reach all of those learning styles.  Home school is perfect for this, because the whole wold is our classroom. 

oredeb
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this

 learning how you and your child learns is very helpful in our homeschooling and every day lives

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN