Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

If homeschooling became illegal....

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:15 PM
  • 114 Replies
...what would you do?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:18 PM
8 moms liked this
We've talked about this. We would go off the grid.
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree. My 7 year old would die if I told her she had to go back to public school.  We would maybe move to a country that did allow it but if not we would disappear.

Quoting somuchlove4U:

We've talked about this. We would go off the grid.

usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:34 PM
6 moms liked this

It wouldn't happen over night so as soon as I knew it was going to happen I would order my kids diplomas because the way the law is written in my state (Texas) it is up to the parent to decide when a child is ready to graduate (no age restriction or testing required) & I am pretty sure they would have to grandfather clause all past homeschool graduates, so as long as they have diplomas that are dated before it becomes illegal they would be safe. If for some reason that plan doesn't work we would go off grid.

Rust.n.Gears
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I would leave the country. We are already discussing this.
Rust.n.Gears
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Great freaking idea ! I can do this too in Massachusetts.

Quoting usmom3:

It wouldn't happen over night so as soon as I knew it was going to happen I would order my kids diplomas because the way the law is written in my state (Texas) it is up to the parent to decide when a child is ready to graduate (no age restriction or testing required) & I am pretty sure they would have to grandfather clause all past homeschool graduates, so as long as they have diplomas that are dated before it becomes illegal they would be safe. If for some reason that plan doesn't work we would go off grid.

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Catholic school

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

rsrangel
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:42 PM
2 moms liked this
What country are you thinking?

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

I would leave the country. We are already discussing this.

katinahat
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:59 PM

We would put her in the best school that we could find. Magnet, charter, private, whatever. We would find the best school we can and put her in it.

Christian, vaccinating, fun-loving, breastfeeding, cloth diapering, positive disciplining, nerdy, extended rear-facing, bookworm, creative, outdoorsy, autodidactic, friendly family.

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." -- Mother Teresa

Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Find the best school for him and spend lots of time volunteering there.

lucsch
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Illegal across the board? Illegal under some circumstances? Is this theoretical or based upon the fears of the common core? I need more information. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)