Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What are your hobbies?

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:49 PM
  • 35 Replies

I love you gals but enough school talk. What do you all like to do for fun? What are your hobbies? What are you passionate about besides family and homeschooling? 

Me? I love to research my family history, read, write, listen to music. I love a handful of shows which involve fantasy, drama and romance. 

What about you? 

by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:57 PM
I haven't had much time for my hobbies lately, but I like to read just about anything but I especially like mysteries. I also like to embroider, when I get on the computer later I'll upload a picture of the baby quilt I made for D. I also like to go camping.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SusanTheWriter
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:03 PM

I read and watch movies for fun. I love writing, but since I do it for money, I don't really consider it a hobby. :)

LostInLove2002
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:45 PM

I like to build things. I love home improvement. I've done woodwork and laid tile.

I ride a motorcycle and love to do accent lighting on them. It's a side job/hobby. I have chickens. I hatch the eggs and sell the babies. I have goats and love to play with them.

When I can I egg. I cut and decorate the eggs into jewelry boxes and ornaments and even night lights.

lucsch
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Playing flute, which has been woefully neglected over the last couple of years, sewing and crocheting are my "main" hobbies. I also like to cook and try new recipes. I love to read, and my Kindle is my new best friend. LOL

I have been sewing costumes for my dd's dance troupe so I can buy her a flute. How's that for combining two of my hobbies? LOL

My most time consuming hobby IS homeschooling. If I am not teaching, I'm researching. LOL

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Reading has always been a big hobby/passion. Photography is now right up there with it. I also like history and have been working finding our ancestors and where we came from.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 6:01 PM

I love history and love hiking through all the National Parks by me. I sew and knit (although my knitting never gets finished thanks to the lovely cysts in my wrist :(....) I love reading, running, and playing just about any instrument. I scrap book when I remember to lol.

oredeb
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:08 AM

hahahaha queen good question!!!

i enjoy making homemade soaps(cold process), lotions creams, lip balms, shampoo bars, growing herbs, vegetables, flowers, making our own medicinal medicenes from the stuff i grow,

i love to garden, i know i already said that! start my own seeds, save my own seeds from what i grow,

enjoy reading, researching subjects to teach the kids, sometimes but not so much any more making jewelry(bead work),

cooking everything from scratch(just to see if its possible), camping, hunting, fishing, clamming and crabbing, 4 wheeling, shooting, foraging in the woods, crocheting if im on an airplane, making cookbooks,

just started the genelogy stuff, its research so i love it! anyone got any hints for me? are there any free sites to help with it? finding people? what is your favorite genelogy site? free or paid?

QueenCreole313
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I use Ancestry.com. Ive used it for years. I dont mind the small fee because they have thiusands of collections all in one site. I recently did the DNA test! Ive been able to connect with cousins. Its so cool! 

Quoting oredeb:

hahahaha queen good question!!!

i enjoy making homemade soaps(cold process), lotions creams, lip balms, shampoo bars, growing herbs, vegetables, flowers, making our own medicinal medicenes from the stuff i grow,

i love to garden, i know i already said that! start my own seeds, save my own seeds from what i grow,

enjoy reading, researching subjects to teach the kids, sometimes but not so much any more making jewelry(bead work),

cooking everything from scratch(just to see if its possible), camping, hunting, fishing, clamming and crabbing, 4 wheeling, shooting, foraging in the woods, crocheting if im on an airplane, making cookbooks,

just started the genelogy stuff, its research so i love it! anyone got any hints for me? are there any free sites to help with it? finding people? what is your favorite genelogy site? free or paid?

Rust.n.Gears
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Well I'm an Independent Dyer so wool is my passion. I dye, knit, crochet, and spin. There is yarn all over my house and I have a dye studio instead of a formal dining room as the house was originally intended for. I also read a lot, scrapbook, and make altered books that I use as journals. Oh and I cook and bake. I am a classically trained chef but left that field when I decided to have a heap of kids and homeschool them.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:15 AM
I love reading, doing karate, and hiking.

I do Boy Scout stuff for me as much as for the kids! Love helping run camps, camping with the kids, and teaching outdoor skills.

I forgot one..playing with and training my dog :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)