Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I love you gals but enough school talk. What do you all like to do for fun? What are your hobbies? What are you passionate about besides family and homeschooling? 

Me? I love to research my family history, read, write, listen to music. I love a handful of shows which involve fantasy, drama and romance. 

What about you? 

by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Replies (21-30):
Lynette
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Reading, knitting, reading up on any new interest, health and Nutrition. Going to try gardening this summer
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Reading, crocheting

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I read...a LOT. I also do hand crafts - crochet, knit, cross stitch, sewing, scrapbook ing, etc. 

oredeb
by debbie on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:54 AM

now jen thats either a albino peacock or a sprinkler going wild!!

Quoting jen2150:

Karate(working on my black belt), exercising, reading, hiking, traveling, playing games, watching TV, raising a small hobby farm.  

westtxmomtobe
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Scrapbook, scrapbook, scrapbook, and shop for more scrapbook stuffs (books, pages, and stickers cause I save EVERYTHING and use it in my books :P) Rarely I crochet, but I do enjoy it. I'm also recently a D & D nerd and me and the kids and hubbs LOVE to hang out gaming! But mostly, scrapbooking!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Oh yeah! I forgot that I am a news junkie. I read news.. news and more news.  lol

elizabooks
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:30 PM
i love to play in the SCA. i do 13th century Northern Italian.
i also cook, garden and book repair for relaxation.
Would love to be a dog walker again.
SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:59 PM
I love to read, make bows which I'm still not great at and I love to surf the web when I can!!
jen2150
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Actually it isn't.  It is an India blue peacock.  Some india blue peacocks have a recessive white gene.  I usually hatch about 50% white peacocks. 

Quoting oredeb:

now jen thats either a albino peacock or a sprinkler going wild!!

Quoting jen2150:

Karate(working on my black belt), exercising, reading, hiking, traveling, playing games, watching TV, raising a small hobby farm.  

Mrs._Lovett
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:18 PM

i loooveeee ancestry.com! and i purchased the family tree maker software which has been a godsend! i dont know about your area but i found out that my local library actually lets me access ancestry.com through their system to do my research. the only catch is i have to be there to do it. but i dont mind paying for it at home either. you can start with people you know, and every so often you'll keep finding dead ends, then suddenly hit a jackpot of information all at once :) i also use google and even facebook. i've found someone on ancestry.com, then viewed their tree, then found a descendant from the tree on facebook, and talked to them to end up getting connected to all the people they know in our tree that I don't :) its awesome.

Quoting oredeb:

hahahaha queen good question!!!

i enjoy making homemade soaps(cold process), lotions creams, lip balms, shampoo bars, growing herbs, vegetables, flowers, making our own medicinal medicenes from the stuff i grow,

i love to garden, i know i already said that! start my own seeds, save my own seeds from what i grow,

enjoy reading, researching subjects to teach the kids, sometimes but not so much any more making jewelry(bead work),

cooking everything from scratch(just to see if its possible), camping, hunting, fishing, clamming and crabbing, 4 wheeling, shooting, foraging in the woods, crocheting if im on an airplane, making cookbooks,

just started the genelogy stuff, its research so i love it! anyone got any hints for me? are there any free sites to help with it? finding people? what is your favorite genelogy site? free or paid?

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)