Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I love you gals but enough school talk. What do you all like to do for fun? What are your hobbies? What are you passionate about besides family and homeschooling? 

Me? I love to research my family history, read, write, listen to music. I love a handful of shows which involve fantasy, drama and romance. 

What about you? 

by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Replies (31-35):
Mrs._Lovett
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:20 PM

how did the DNA thing work out? is it expensive? we have a family mystery in our tree where we can't tell if my great great grandfather was adopted or not. i tracked down my cousins from another part of the family and was hoping that with a DNA test we'd be able to tell if we were really related or not.

Quoting QueenCreole313:

I use Ancestry.com. Ive used it for years. I dont mind the small fee because they have thiusands of collections all in one site. I recently did the DNA test! Ive been able to connect with cousins. Its so cool! 

Quoting oredeb:

hahahaha queen good question!!!

i enjoy making homemade soaps(cold process), lotions creams, lip balms, shampoo bars, growing herbs, vegetables, flowers, making our own medicinal medicenes from the stuff i grow,

i love to garden, i know i already said that! start my own seeds, save my own seeds from what i grow,

enjoy reading, researching subjects to teach the kids, sometimes but not so much any more making jewelry(bead work),

cooking everything from scratch(just to see if its possible), camping, hunting, fishing, clamming and crabbing, 4 wheeling, shooting, foraging in the woods, crocheting if im on an airplane, making cookbooks,

just started the genelogy stuff, its research so i love it! anyone got any hints for me? are there any free sites to help with it? finding people? what is your favorite genelogy site? free or paid?

CafeMom Tickers
Mrs._Lovett
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:21 PM

in my rare free time, i enjoy researching family history, working on the baby books, scrapbooking, reading, writing, singing, writing songs, baking/cooking, sewing, drawing, dancing, and watching movies. 

QueenCreole313
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Mrs._Lovett:

how did the DNA thing work out? is it expensive? we have a family mystery in our tree where we can't tell if my great great grandfather was adopted or not. i tracked down my cousins from another part of the family and was hoping that with a DNA test we'd be able to tell if we were really related or not.

Quoting QueenCreole313:

I use Ancestry.com. Ive used it for years. I dont mind the small fee because they have thiusands of collections all in one site. I recently did the DNA test! Ive been able to connect with cousins. Its so cool! 

Quoting oredeb:

hahahaha queen good question!!!

i enjoy making homemade soaps(cold process), lotions creams, lip balms, shampoo bars, growing herbs, vegetables, flowers, making our own medicinal medicenes from the stuff i grow,

i love to garden, i know i already said that! start my own seeds, save my own seeds from what i grow,

enjoy reading, researching subjects to teach the kids, sometimes but not so much any more making jewelry(bead work),

cooking everything from scratch(just to see if its possible), camping, hunting, fishing, clamming and crabbing, 4 wheeling, shooting, foraging in the woods, crocheting if im on an airplane, making cookbooks,

just started the genelogy stuff, its research so i love it! anyone got any hints for me? are there any free sites to help with it? finding people? what is your favorite genelogy site? free or paid?

I thought it was awesome. I was able to meet some really cool cousins. I've been able to trace some deeper roots. I would recommend it. It's not too expensive about $100 bucks, but to say that you will learn your ethnic makeup and be able to find genealogy loving cousins. I think it's worth it. 

Question, do you're cousins and you still share the same grandmother? I think you would still show as cousins. Maybe the male cousins could do a y chromosome test. It traces the male line and you would know for certain. 

Progressive, Single, Homeschooling, Working Mother to One Twice-Exceptional Kid all done with the Motto of Faith, Family & Fun!

love you sign

katinahat
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:00 PM

I love to read and research. That's my primary one. Then also, I like to go hiking and camping, cook, craft, and watch movies. My husband and I want to get a handheld GPS REALLY badly so that we can start geocaching too! I did it when I was a teenager and loved it, so we want to start doing it soon.

Christian, vaccinating, fun-loving, breastfeeding, cloth diapering, positive disciplining, nerdy, extended rear-facing, bookworm, creative, outdoorsy, autodidactic, friendly family.

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." -- Mother Teresa

almondpigeon
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:52 AM

i recently learned to crochet & that's become almost an addiction to me!  my husband joked that we were going to go bankrupt because of the yarn i've been buying.  i love to bake & decorate cakes & cupcakes.  i make soap - still learning to do that...i'm about to start using essential oils to scent the soap.  i'm pretty excited to try that. 

i love to read, but, i find that as i get older, i get kind of antsy sitting around and reading.  i feel like i need to be "doing" something.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)