Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How do you set up your school room?

How do you organize everything?

What are some things that you see as "must haves" for your homeschooling?

by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Replies (21-22):
Chasing3
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 1:32 PM

i use half our basement - which is a finished tv room. It's pretty large. Half was a kid craft area anyway, so easy to convert to books on the shelves instead of toys. I just rearranged the craft supplies and they were too old for a lot of the toys anyway, so gave a lot away.

I have a kid sized table and 2 chairs that we sit at daily. The biggest problem is it's kind of dim down there, but we manage so far.

I have shelves with books, and plastic bin drawers for other school supplies and books, etc. They are small drawers that fit something the size of a notebook perfetcly and maybe 2 inches deep, so one drawer can be jsut grammar, or spelling, or cursive, or vocab, or whatever.

I keep the computer designated for the kids down there too.

I have a whiteboard but rarely use it, except for putting up a list of goals. I have a smaller bulletin board with a calendar. I keep a notebook with our daily work - I write it down as we do it.

that's about it!

Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Everything I need is in a 4 ft tall free standing pantry cabinet in the kitchen. My must haves are clipboards, since we roam all over the house to do school, and Netflix.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)