Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

"We just love your kids. They act so normal!"

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:40 PM
  • 14 Replies

That's what an older couple told Rob and I today at church. Rob and I don't usually go as he works and I stay at home with the younger two. Mom usually takes Missie and Cole. I doubt they know we homeschool, either. I don't know how to take it! LOL

by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:53 PM

That is crazy.  I would not know what to say. 

Kat0038
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Wow! 

usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:22 PM
4 moms liked this

I would feel so compelled to say "I know right, especially sense we homeschool & all" With a big grin on my face but that's just me!

Pukalani79
by Kristin on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:48 AM

I guess just smile and say "Thank you." :)

oredeb
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:02 AM

hahahahhahahha sounds good mem!!! a compliment!!!!

oredeb
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:06 AM
2 moms liked this

ive had people say it to me and they meant that my kids didnt go in for all the high fashion clothes, umm having to have all those expensive toys, following the peer pressure thing, etc,

they seen that my kids could entertain themselves with a piece of lint! and be happy about it! didnt whine and argue with mom in public, hahaha so mem its a compiment!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:19 PM

LOL You guys are so funny. 8)

LostInLove2002
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 4:34 PM
2 moms liked this

LOL  I'm sure it was meant as a complement. You know, it's easier than saying, "How nice that your son's waist to his pants is actually at his waist." or "I can actually see your daughter's face instead of make up."  And heck, just being able to understand the younger generation ... makes the older generation think they're geniuses. :)

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 4:36 PM

You know, this is what Rob and I finally decided. LOL The kids aren't allowed to run around or sass back. Everyone is covered has everything that should be covered, and the closest Missie gets to make up is chapstick! LOL

Quoting LostInLove2002:

LOL  I'm sure it was meant as a complement. You know, it's easier than saying, "How nice that your son's waist to his pants is actually at his waist." or "I can actually see your daughter's face instead of make up."  And heck, just being able to understand the younger generation ... makes the older generation think they're geniuses. :)

LostInLove2002
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Seee! Good kids. :)

Now, if it had been one of those snarky "we're so much better than you cuz our kids go to PS so that we can have our ME time" types... I'd have said, "What?! You mean you didn't see Jr. eating his sister's boogers?"  Cuz, well, I'm just a smart fanny that way. :p  I'm also almost 46 and halfway through menopause. ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN