Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Odd question not about homeschooling but about the kids...

Posted by   + Show Post

I don't need anyone to go into any details lol...just putting that out there.

But at what age did your child or do you think your child will be able to wash themselves...take a shower on their own and do a good job of cleaning themselves.

As stated...don't need any details ...just age and if it's boy or girl.

Thanks!

by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Replies (11-20):
CowgirlMama0508
by Tasha on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Dd is 7 and takes showers on her own. I poke my head in and remind her to wash everything and her hair. She's been doing it on her own since last summer (6.5)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
irvinehiker
by Andrea on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:56 PM

I have a boy and a girl.  My dd could do everything except hair by 6.  I washed her hair until 7 and a bit.  My dd is mature and independant.  Ds is 9 and can  do everything except hair, he still needs some help with that, but we're getting close to him being on his own with that.  He does have some special needs.     

Precious333
by Julia on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:06 AM
My 6 yr old washed on his own, with reminding.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pukalani79
by Kristin on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:47 AM

My son was 8, my youngest daughter at 8 is just now starting to do it on her own.  My middle child is 9 and hates the water, so she still needs help with washing her hair.  Otherwise she can do it on her own.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:54 AM

dd7 has been able towash all by herself hair and all for the last year and a half

dd6 does not get all the soap out of her hair.  So I do have to watch that but she has washed her body for about 3 years

ds4 I still have to check his body for dirt and wash his hair.

dd2 still needs to be washed completely but we are working on the skills.

kttycat84
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:33 AM

Around 4 they do the whole bathing part and washing their body alone. I still wash my oldest's hair and she's six...but she hates getting water in her eyes. All of mine are girls. Once in awhile if they're really filthy I'll supervise the scrubbing, but they usually do an awesome job on their own.

oredeb
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:01 AM

do you homeschool aneela? i think i asked you already!! hahahaha but forgot!!! getting older!!

mommytobooger
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:10 AM
I'm glad you posted this, as I have wondered myself. I put up a posting for this on elementary school group, they all responded like 5 years old some younger! My son is 7 and I still guide him. Glad to see I'm not the only one. :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LostInLove2002
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:27 AM
What she said. I stalk and, dare I say, sniff. LOL My son is 10 and has aspergers. (mild) Washing is a big deal and has to be stayed on top of. More than once... "Did you wash your hair" He pops out with a proud as punch grin, "Yes I did Momma!" And I'm floored to see that only HALF of his head is wet. :/ Alrighty then... back to the tub!
OneToughMami
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:34 AM

My daughter was able to do it at 5...except her hair. Hair she got there around 7. She was an independent baby and toddler though. She has always been a try-er.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN