Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Odd question not about homeschooling but about the kids...

Posted by   + Show Post

I don't need anyone to go into any details lol...just putting that out there.

But at what age did your child or do you think your child will be able to wash themselves...take a shower on their own and do a good job of cleaning themselves.

As stated...don't need any details ...just age and if it's boy or girl.

Thanks!

by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Replies (21-30):
liliem
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:25 PM

I think I started teaching this since they are babies, but started letting my first son do it alone at about 6 or so, and he 12 now and I have been on top of him with his hair because he showers and he doesn't get deep enough or use enough shampoo and it still smells like pre shower. My mom complained (and she's one of those moms that will literally still spoon feed you to make you eat, and he still does it to me sometimes - I'm in my 30's), so she had my son take a shower when he stayed over there and washes his hair for him. I'm not kidding. So I don't want that happening so I have to make sure she see's he knows how to wash his own hair so I bought different travel shampoos to find a good one and am letting my son experiment and we finally found the one last night. Funny you just posted this.

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:30 PM

ha ha yeah ...my son is 6 now and I was just wondering about it...

Quoting liliem:

I think I started teaching this since they are babies, but started letting my first son do it alone at about 6 or so, and he 12 now and I have been on top of him with his hair because he showers and he doesn't get deep enough or use enough shampoo and it still smells like pre shower. My mom complained (and she's one of those moms that will literally still spoon feed you to make you eat, and he still does it to me sometimes - I'm in my 30's), so she had my son take a shower when he stayed over there and washes his hair for him. I'm not kidding. So I don't want that happening so I have to make sure she see's he knows how to wash his own hair so I bought different travel shampoos to find a good one and am letting my son experiment and we finally found the one last night. Funny you just posted this.

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:30 PM

yes i do debbie lol

Quoting oredeb:

do you homeschool aneela? i think i asked you already!! hahahaha but forgot!!! getting older!!

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:31 PM

i posted about my mid year review not that long ago and some other questions

lol any reason you doubt me???

Quoting oredeb:

do you homeschool aneela? i think i asked you already!! hahahaha but forgot!!! getting older!!

CrimsonRadiance
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:31 PM

My oldest was around 4-5... but he has OCD, so that probably had something to do with it.. LOL!!! He is NEVER clean enough for himself. 

My middle son is 7 and I've just now started letting him take a shower without help.. although sometimes he forgets places still and I help with washing hair. 

My youngest is 5, he still takes a bath with my help. He HATES getting his hair wet, so it's a struggle.. LOL! 

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:33 PM

wow well each kid is different but i think 5 is on the young side...

Quoting mommytobooger:

I'm glad you posted this, as I have wondered myself. I put up a posting for this on elementary school group, they all responded like 5 years old some younger! My son is 7 and I still guide him. Glad to see I'm not the only one. :-)

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:35 PM

bwah ha ha too funny...yeah i think stalking is good...as moms we need to make sure it's all washed LOL

Quoting LostInLove2002:

What she said. I stalk and, dare I say, sniff. LOL My son is 10 and has aspergers. (mild) Washing is a big deal and has to be stayed on top of. More than once... "Did you wash your hair" He pops out with a proud as punch grin, "Yes I did Momma!" And I'm floored to see that only HALF of his head is wet. :/ Alrighty then... back to the tub!

oredeb
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:30 PM

no i dont doubt ya, it doesnt have you as a member on the top thing!!! so i was checking up on ya!!! ohh yea i remember now about the mid review!!

Quoting aneela:

Quoting oredeb:

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:30 PM

7 or 8 for either gender

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:43 PM

i've been a member in this group for a while now...not sure why you can't see...if you have any issue pls let me know...id like to know what it is

Quoting oredeb:

no i dont doubt ya, it doesnt have you as a member on the top thing!!! so i was checking up on ya!!! ohh yea i remember now about the mid review!!

Quoting aneela:

Quoting oredeb:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)