Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Learning Opportunities! Today in History: March 25

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:10 AM
  • 6 Replies

Below are a list of events that took place today in history.
Have you studied or will you be studying any of these events?
Share with us!

by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:03 PM

1918 – The Belarusian People's Republic is established.

The who????!!!! I have never heard of this group of people before this moment. lol  Has anyone else?  :) 

usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM

I have never heard of them ether but I am not surprised that I haven't, there is a lot about the history of the world that was never taught in the schools I attended as a child.

Quoting kirbymom:

The who????!!!! I have never heard of this group of people before this moment. lol  Has anyone else?  :) 

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Same here. But I do think you and I were taught a bit better that the kids are being taught today. 

Quoting usmom3:

I have never heard of them ether but I am not surprised that I haven't, there is a lot about the history of the world that was never taught in the schools I attended as a child.

Quoting kirbymom:

usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:39 PM

That is true & sad all at the same time.

I have learned a lot about history just researching the origins of compulsory education.

Quoting kirbymom:

Same here. But I do think you and I were taught a bit better that the kids are being taught today. 

Quoting usmom3:

Quoting kirbymom:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Ha! Me too. And you are too right that that is sad. It shouldn't be like that at all. That is why I think that we home schooling parents are the ones who are standing in the gap between the failing system and our system of what does work. 

Quoting usmom3:

I have learned a lot about history just researching the origins of compulsory education.

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting usmom3:

Quoting kirbymom:

usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree, to bad the government wants us all to be stupid drones for them to manipulate & only pretends to care about the failing system to keep the ones that think the PS is the way to go placated.

Quoting kirbymom:

Ha! Me too. And you are too right that that is sad. It shouldn't be like that at all. That is why I think that we home schooling parents are the ones who are standing in the gap between the failing system and our system of what does work. 

Quoting usmom3:

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting usmom3:

Quoting kirbymom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)