Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

naming your homeschool and making a logo

Posted by   + Show Post
I am just curious...I live in PA and don't have to do this, but I have named our hs and am in the process of having a logo made. Has anyone else done this? I was going to use the name/logo for correspondence sent to the public shcool at the end of the year for our evaluation, for i.d cards, and to have a shirt made for our son for when we go on field trips, etc. Plus I thought that it would be nice if, at the end of it all, his diploma had a school name on it, to make it feel more official. What are your thoughts?
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Replies (11-20):
AllofFive19
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this

We have to name it. Ours is Tora May Academy, but we don't have a symbol or colors. 

jeweldragons
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I did for fun.  No logo but name is Galaxy Explorers Academy and Mascot is the Falcon.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't have a logo, and we aren't required to have a name, but I made one up years ago - CMHS - Celtic Moon Home School.

Pukalani79
by Kristin on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this

The kids would love to have something like this! That may be a fun Spring Break project

Quoting Mommyfish831:

We don't have to have a name for our "school" we just have to state that each child named is be educated from home and list our address.  I just thought it would be fun. 

Tal0n
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:44 PM

We have, but we're terrible geeks and copied X-men with the Acadamy for Gifted Youngsters.  With our name.

Precious333
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Awwww we should do something like this!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:32 PM

That's a cute idea. We aren't required to send in anything ever, so I have never given it any thought at all. Whenever a program asks for school name (like Book It or Six Flags Read to Succeed) I just put (last name) Homeschool. Real creative!

Mrs._Lovett
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this

if i start up homeschool this fall for kindergarten im naming it "little princess academy". my kids love the whole princess thing and i thought of having them wear princess crowns or little aprons or something while their in "school" to help them distinguish between school time and playtime.

Mommyfish831
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Do you live in OK?

Quoting hipmomto3:

That's a cute idea. We aren't required to send in anything ever, so I have never given it any thought at all. Whenever a program asks for school name (like Book It or Six Flags Read to Succeed) I just put (last name) Homeschool. Real creative!

hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Indiana

Quoting Mommyfish831:

Do you live in OK?

Quoting hipmomto3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)