Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

naming your homeschool and making a logo

Posted by   + Show Post
I am just curious...I live in PA and don't have to do this, but I have named our hs and am in the process of having a logo made. Has anyone else done this? I was going to use the name/logo for correspondence sent to the public shcool at the end of the year for our evaluation, for i.d cards, and to have a shirt made for our son for when we go on field trips, etc. Plus I thought that it would be nice if, at the end of it all, his diploma had a school name on it, to make it feel more official. What are your thoughts?
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Replies (21-29):
motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:53 PM
I have never thought about a logo but my name is Caston Trio home school
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommyfish831
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:25 PM

I just recently found out that homeschooling is written into OK constitution so they don't have to submit anything stating that they are homeschooling either.

Quoting hipmomto3:

Indiana

Quoting Mommyfish831:

Do you live in OK?

Quoting hipmomto3:

That's a cute idea. We aren't required to send in anything ever, so I have never given it any thought at all. Whenever a program asks for school name (like Book It or Six Flags Read to Succeed) I just put (last name) Homeschool. Real creative!

hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this

IDK all other states' regulations, but I do know that Indiana's are some of the easiest (or possibly nearly non-existent!). All we have to do is start schooling the year they will be turning 7 (so, 1st grade usually), and keep a record that we have done 180 days a year. No one asks to see it but "just in case," we are supposed to. No notifying the state or school board, no tests, no teacher credentials, no subjects we are required to cover.

CowgirlMama0508
by Tasha on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I love living here in OK :)

Quoting Mommyfish831:

I just recently found out that homeschooling is written into OK constitution so they don't have to submit anything stating that they are homeschooling either.

Quoting hipmomto3:

Indiana

Quoting Mommyfish831:

Do you live in OK?

Quoting hipmomto3:

That's a cute idea. We aren't required to send in anything ever, so I have never given it any thought at all. Whenever a program asks for school name (like Book It or Six Flags Read to Succeed) I just put (last name) Homeschool. Real creative!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CowgirlMama0508
by Tasha on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:30 PM
We don't have to have a name, but we decided on Lakeview Point academy. We live literally on the lake and the beach we live at, is called the point :) I'm working on a logo!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blueyedbaker
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:23 AM
I have never heard of doing that. I think it is really neat though. I'll have to ask my girls...see what they say.
almondpigeon
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this

we had to name ours (watson way day school), but we don't have to have a logo.  just for fun, we're thinking about making t-shirts and making a shutterfly "year book"....we've been thinking about using the family crest for that.  i think that would be so cute on a t-shirt with a tie dye background.

Mommyfish831
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I live in Wyoming, we do have to submit a letter of intent when the child turn 7 before sept 15, but our law is pretty much the same.  180 days of "school".  I meet with a group of homeschool moms a week or so ago and it seems that even though we have to submit a letter of intent none of them or anybody they know as ever been bothered by the state about anything.  And some of them said they hadn't even submitted one this year because they forgot but they haven't been bothered either.  So I am feeling a lot less stress over ther letter of intent now.

Quoting hipmomto3:

IDK all other states' regulations, but I do know that Indiana's are some of the easiest (or possibly nearly non-existent!). All we have to do is start schooling the year they will be turning 7 (so, 1st grade usually), and keep a record that we have done 180 days a year. No one asks to see it but "just in case," we are supposed to. No notifying the state or school board, no tests, no teacher credentials, no subjects we are required to cover.

homeschoolx3
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:39 PM

I dont think there is a requirement per se, but we did.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN