Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
Replies (11-18):
SusanTheWriter
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

We just went to the Lincoln Museum in Springfield, IL yesterday! It's about an hour and a half away, but the roads were pretty clear and DH had taken the day off. We had a great time! It's a really wonderful museum with a TON of artifacts and information. While it's not very hands-on interactive for preschoolers, it's great for slightly older kids - adults.

We got a Groupon, too, so it only cost $27 for 3 adults and 2 kids. Yay!

bether89
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:58 PM

We are planning a field trip to the zoo in April.

SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:04 PM
We're planning a couple of field trips to the museum, aquarium and strawberry patch!! Not all at once of course, only one a week!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Hmmm, we are planning a trip to NY in June. That's about it..lol we aren't big on field trips.

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:51 PM

We just did Port Discovery Children's Museum last Saturday. If we have to go into Baltimore again on Thusday, we'll most likely hit up the National Aquarium there then... otherwise, the rest of our field trip will be determined by weather for when they happen lol.

hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Last week, for a cub scout activity, we went to a local tv station. We got a tour from the meteorologist, then we got to sit in while they did the 6:00 news live, and at the end, the boys (and my daughters, who came along) got to be on camera! It was so cool. 

Next Saturday we are going to the zoo for a girl scout activity, but again, the whole family is going. Scouting is kind of exhausting sometimes.

In a few weeks we are going to the beach. I may do a marine biology mini-unit to get ready for that. 

almondpigeon
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:48 AM

we are planning a trip to a farm in mid-april.  i think, depending on the weather, we might try to go the zoo next week.  my daughter is also involved with a very active girl scout troop, so she gets to do neat things with them at least once a month.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

If it is nice we are going to walk to the library today.  We walk around a duck pond and past lots of things so we will be enjoying all those learning oppurtunities.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN